Irish Red

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 28/04/2019 at 5:39 PM, John Parry said:

Hi Barrelboy, please let us know what you think of the Highlands, it has to be one of the worst brewprints I've tasted yet, thin, watery and very bitter, not to my taste at all. Great head though.

Well First one today and have reviewed it Brewprint section. My brew is certainly not thin, watery or very bitter. Sorry yours was not a success but to be honest to be watery and thin I would suggest an ingredient is missing thus the bitterness of the hops. Did you miss the E5? or one of the E1’s or E2??7FC31899-A09F-4628-98DF-93750F467CD9.thumb.jpeg.9256fd847ba10c1355503852d64dc7a2.jpeg

• 1 month later...
On 19/04/2019 at 11:27 AM, Barrelboy said:

Put this down on 10/4/19, fermentation started quickly and had some Krausen overflow, not much about 1/2 a cup. Kegged on 19/4 and replaced with a Highlands IPA Brewprint.

Sorry, forgot photo’s of the Irish Red. I rated it 8/10 mainly because I think I was consuming it a bit to early, “Green” as they say. Plenty of flavour and a nice bitterness typical of the Irish. Will do again but suggest leaving in the keg or bottle for 6 to 8 weeks

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Popped one of these tonight just hit 2 weeks in the bottle. Amazing colour . Pleasant to drink still has some sweetness to it atm . Kust spent the last few hours out in 40 degrees so anything tastes good at this stage . Keen to see a few more weeks and try again .

• 2 weeks later...

So knocked off one of the swing tops with the Irish Red in it . This would be a good daily driver. Not a hoppy ale but a nice ale all the same 🙂 . A mild bitterness too it which makes it work , between the bottles of $17 brews its the weissbier or this . 

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Paul84 said:

So knocked off one of the swing tops with the Irish Red in it . This would be a good daily driver. Not a hoppy ale but a nice ale all the same 🙂 . A mild bitterness too it which makes it work , between the bottles of $17 brews its the weissbier or this . 

next time, next time.

• Haha 1

Its worth it @Rob Courtney . Like I said daily driver, hasnt made me reassess my career choices like the RIS , but its servicable especially for the price . Its also made me chuckle, W.A. has put a restriction of liquor purchases atm ... hasnt fussed me once so far lol

Edited by Paul84
Alcohol fueled spelling mistakes
  • Haha 2