American Pale Ale

23 hours ago, Jeff Crossan said:

Thank you it came out unexpectedly dark but the taste was ok just bottled it yesterday  

I think the bottling is the best part. The hardest part is waiting 2 weeks to sample again.. i think this brew would be great at 4-6 week mark. If you have another beer should put it down soon, just so you can have a rolling stock of beers as if you like the taste they will go down quickly. What bottles have you used mate ? 

2 hours ago, Jeff Crossan said:

So I shouldn’t be concerned about the darkness of the beer ?

Hey Mate , i dont think so . Not unless its black like a stout . You will find it will clear up as it conditions and likely have a nice amber colour, anything like Dustins final product in posts above ? Dont suppose you took a photo while bottling?  I think like Mark said the smell and taste is more of a concern then colour especially with a brewprint itself (they should be packed correct, we usually buy loose ingredients to make the beers and have been known to make mistakes 🤣) . If it tastes like flat warm beer when bottling should taste great when its had a few weeks to carbonate and smooth out 🤘

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 8 months later...
3 minutes ago, Patrick Barnwell said:

I’m on my first brewprint running thePaleAle my only issue so far is the viewing window light doesn’t work, I’m on firmware Po18 and the unit is brand new.. It appears to be working, I’ve received notices on the app that it’s now in fermenting…

Hi Patrick, I take it the main information panel on the Droid is illuminated however when you press the light button for the centre viewing screen it doesn’t come on. If that’s the case you could contact the BrewArt team there may be a quick fix however to be honest I no longer use it and rely on the app and Droid screen.

• Upvote 1

Hi @Patrick Barnwelland welcome to the forum. There are lots of friendly and knowledgable contributors here so please feel free to ask any questions and you'll be sure to receive a prompt and helpful response.

As the Captain has alluded to, the viewing window and light is a little like a beer peepshow; fun the first few times but you wouldn't want to get caught staring. The novelty soon wears off.

If the app is telling you fermentation is occurring then you've basically got all the information you need. 

Patience is key here. Leave the Droid be to do its thing and the app will let you know when some action is required from you.

Cheers!

Edited by Dustin Frothman
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

On 28/09/2021 at 2:07 AM, Captain 3 Droids said:

Hi Patrick, I take it the main information panel on the Droid is illuminated however when you press the light button for the centre viewing screen it doesn’t come on. If that’s the case you could contact the BrewArt team there may be a quick fix however to be honest I no longer use it and rely on the app and Droid screen.

Thanks Captain!  I've been brewing with Mr Beer for that past Year and Temp control has been my biggest issue.. Really excited about the Beer droid and cant wait for this first Batch to be done, Planning on splitting the batch between two 5L Kegs where one will use the Priming  sucrose and the other will be force Carbonated just to see the difference.

• Upvote 1

On 28/09/2021 at 2:25 AM, Dustin Frothman said:

Hi @Patrick Barnwelland welcome to the forum. There are lots of friendly and knowledgable contributors here so please feel free to ask any questions and you'll be sure to receive a prompt and helpful response.

As the Captain has alluded to, the viewing window and light is a little like a beer peepshow; fun the first few times but you wouldn't want to get caught staring. The novelty soon wears off.

If the app is telling you fermentation is occurring then you've basically got all the information you need. 

Patience is key here. Leave the Droid be to do its thing and the app will let you know when some action is required from you.

Cheers!

Thanks Dustin!! I like the notices I get on the App , saves me running down to the Den a couple times a day 

On 29/9/21 at 12:38 PM, Patrick Barnwell said:

Thanks Captain!  I've been brewing with Mr Beer for that past Year and Temp control has been my biggest issue.. Really excited about the Beer droid and cant wait for this first Batch to be done, Planning on splitting the batch between two 5L Kegs where one will use the Priming  sucrose and the other will be force Carbonated just to see the difference.

Ok got another question just got a notice that it’s done brewing and has gone into kegging  mode , it never prompted me to put in the hops am I missing something?

Edited by Patrick Barnwell

6 hours ago, Patrick Barnwell said:

No I didn’t….

That’s why you didn’t get the notification, you need to use the custom mode and set your propagation, fermentation, kegging, and storage temperatures then you’ll be asked to select yes or no for the hop additions. You can add the hops now by gently removing the lid and replacing, leave for 24 to 48 hrs. As the ready to keg mode has started it will change to storage after 48hrs, watch for this and if you don’t want that to happen change it back to keg mode.

Ps after kegging and before the next brew check that you firmware is up to date. It should be P018.

7 hours ago, Captain 3 Droids said:

That’s why you didn’t get the notification, you need to use the custom mode and set your propagation, fermentation, kegging, and storage temperatures then you’ll be asked to select yes or no for the hop additions.

@Patrick Barnwell

The Captain's advice re adding hops now is a good idea and this will work out just fine.

I noted in an earlier post of yours that you said you were already on firmware P018.

As the "American Pale Ale" is a Dry Hop recipe it should've added 4 days to the brewing program by default. Two for adding the hop pellets and two for the cold crash to settle the pellet debris.

The method of modifying the brewing program or creating a custom program as described by the Captain is only necessary if you wish to dry hop a standard recipe and make changes to the program parameters.

So in your case something has gone wrong.

Before your next brew it would be wise to check the following:

• Check that the most up to date firmware has successfully loaded onto your BeerDroid. You can do this via the app under "My BeerDroid". From here select your BeerDroid's name and check firmware is P018 and a narration below that "Firmware is up to date" is displayed.
  • Check the app on your phone is up to date. Do this either via the Apple App Store or Google Play.
  • Check that notifications are enabled on your phone for the Brewart app.
  • When you commence a brew you have two options to start the program; either via the control panel of the BeerDroid or app on your phone.
  • I would suggest starting your next brew from the app as this is the simplest method. There are several ways to do this, but using the American Pale Ale as an example, you would select the Brewprint from your "Shelf" (if it's not here then tap the + sign to add it), then tap on the brew icon and select "Start Brew"
  • A standard Brewart Dry Hop program will do all the work for you and you should receive notifications at each stage of the process. You should not have to modify the program in any manner.

In addition to the product manuals there is a fairly comprehensive set of video guides to brewing, bottling, kegging, cleaning and serving with the Brewart system. You can find them here and I'd highly recommend checking them out if you haven't already:

https://brewart.com/101/

Please let us know how you go. 

Cheers.