Buy new keg spear pack?

Ran into my first issue with the second hand kegs setup I have. The setup has the older style caps and black valve. I purchased new keg liners but do I need to buy the new keg caps, black valve and spear (aka the keg spear pack) to use these? If so how do you buy them as I can’t see them on the BrewArt shop site? Appreciate any assistance. Thanks Terry

4 minutes ago, Rennce said:

Ran into my first issue with the second hand kegs setup I have. The setup has the older style caps and black valve. I purchased new keg liners but do I need to buy the new keg caps, black valve and spear (aka the keg spear pack) to use these? If so how do you buy them as I can’t see them on the BrewArt shop site? Appreciate any assistance. Thanks Terry

Sorry Rennce but I don’t have a beerflo as I keg into stainless ball lock kegs. Hopefully someone will responded but in the meantime send an email to the Brewart tech support. They are great and reply fast.

let us know how you go.

On 26/07/2019 at 8:10 PM, Rennce said:

...Shall do. I find it strange the packs are not listed in the online store. Perhaps they are an item that needs to be purchased via the support channel. Cheers Rennce

I emailed Brewart support over the weekend asking if I could buy the new keg spear packs. First thing this am Liam confirmed they would ship me the new keg spear packs at no cost.  In my email I also asked about replacing the beerdroid tap which has the red seal with the newer white seal one (again wanting to buy). Bingo that is also being supplied free of charge.  I also asked a few droid web server and security questions which Liam promptly answered.  Darn good support. 

• Upvote 1

On 29/07/2019 at 1:57 PM, Rennce said:

I emailed Brewart support over the weekend asking if I could buy the new keg spear packs. First thing this am Liam confirmed they would ship me the new keg spear packs at no cost.  In my email I also asked about replacing the beerdroid tap which has the red seal with the newer white seal one (again wanting to buy). Bingo that is also being supplied free of charge.  I also asked a few droid web server and security questions which Liam promptly answered.  Darn good support. 

Did you get your gear? All good?

cheers Mark

31 minutes ago, Barrelboy said:

Did you get your gear? All good?

cheers Mark

Not yet. Living in Tasmania make delivery times slow the majority of the time. ETA is 6 August... and as I am away for work means I will keg the weekend after next (unless I bottle). Hey fermentation may not be finished anyway.  

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Rennce said:

Not yet. Living in Tasmania make delivery times slow the majority of the time. ETA is 6 August... and as I am away for work means I will keg the weekend after next (unless I bottle). Hey fermentation may not be finished anyway.  

Tasmania?

ETA might be for 2020 

:)

• Haha 1

The thing that really gets me is when I sold a cricket bat to a guy in Geelong, it went from my local post office overnight, in a truck to Geelong, guy got it the next day. When I bought something from Geelong, it went by truck to Melbourne, then next day to Sunshine, then next day plane to Adelaide, then to Lockleys and a day later down to me

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Rob Courtney said:

The thing that really gets me is when I sold a cricket bat to a guy in Geelong, it went from my local post office overnight, in a truck to Geelong, guy got it the next day. When I bought something from Geelong, it went by truck to Melbourne, then next day to Sunshine, then next day plane to Adelaide, then to Lockleys and a day later down to me

Small packages aren’t too bad but often larger ones take longer - much longer to tassie. In part because freight costs across the water are crazy. Several years ago it was in the newspaper that a local hazelnut farmer purchased a nougat machine from Italy and freight from Melbourne to Hobart was higher than Italy to Melbourne!!  However I can’t complain about BrewArt’s delivery of my droid, 5 prints and several liner packs. Free post and arrived within a week. 

• Upvote 1

Yeah, have to say, service has been excellent from the guys, stock gets to you quickly when you order and nothing appears too much trouble. I do think there should be some set "free delivery" amount, whether that is 2, 3 or $400 it should be there as a set offer. I mean department stores like Myer, David Jones etc all do free delivery over $100. I mean I bought a ton of towels and sheets from a store up in Adelaide and because it was over $100...and it was by a fair bit...free delivery. Think most of us are happy to buy enough to make 10 brews if it means free delivery.

I know it shouldn't irk me, it just does though

4 minutes ago, Rob Courtney said:

Yeah, have to say, service has been excellent from the guys, stock gets to you quickly when you order and nothing appears too much trouble. I do think there should be some set "free delivery" amount, whether that is 2, 3 or $400 it should be there as a set offer. I mean department stores like Myer, David Jones etc all do free delivery over $100. I mean I bought a ton of towels and sheets from a store up in Adelaide and because it was over $100...and it was by a fair bit...free delivery. Think most of us are happy to buy enough to make 10 brews if it means free delivery.

I know it shouldn't irk me, it just does though

Free delivery always tempts me and I often end up spending more to get it - so a win win for both consumer and provider.

1 minute ago, Rennce said:

Free delivery always tempts me and I often end up spending more to get it - so a win win for both consumer and provider.

Honestly, it is the principle of it as far as I am concerned, put a price on it and just leave it at that. I mean if they said free delivery for $300+, you'd just order that much and if you chose not to, well it is your choice but to not have that choice...it stands out compared to the rest of the experience.

Yes have to agree. It’s funny that with the Coopers tins, enhancers ect they offer free postage every month for spending either over $80 or $100 but the Brewprint offers are irregular and the last one over $200.

My understanding is both products (tins and Brewprint) are in the same warehouse in QLD. I did ask the question if the Brewprints and/or ingredients could be packaged with the tins but got a definite no. That’s ok but had to ask.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 9 months later...

Hi all, just jumping on your thread. Many on this topic were very helpful a few months back, convinced me to get a droid and I managed to get one second hand a few months ago, with a house move in between have finally brewed my first beer. Have brewed the lighthouse Pacific, even the non carbonated non conditioned first taste out of the droid was excellent, and the smell sensational. Touch wood all good, was worried about an infection as I got the droid from someone with questionable sanitary practice, but with tips from this forum and the 101 videos watching multiple times, plus liberal sanitisation I think it will be ok!!!! Anyway I digress, my question....

I did buy the new keg packs a couple of months ago, which obviously have the newer version spears, however when having a closer look today when sanitising I noticed they don't have O rings for the spears. I do have the older spears with O ring, and thought perhaps they might fit on the newer / smaller spears but I couldn't see anywhere that had a snug fit. I didn't want to risk it, but fortunately I have bottles too so just bottled it all.

Is this one for me to just buy smaller o-rings from brewart, or have I missed a step here?

Probably answers already before too, but do the old spears fit in the newer kegs?

Thanks all

5 hours ago, Sam Armstrong said:

Hi all, just jumping on your thread. Many on this topic were very helpful a few months back, convinced me to get a droid and I managed to get one second hand a few months ago, with a house move in between have finally brewed my first beer. Have brewed the lighthouse Pacific, even the non carbonated non conditioned first taste out of the droid was excellent, and the smell sensational. Touch wood all good, was worried about an infection as I got the droid from someone with questionable sanitary practice, but with tips from this forum and the 101 videos watching multiple times, plus liberal sanitisation I think it will be ok!!!! Anyway I digress, my question....

I did buy the new keg packs a couple of months ago, which obviously have the newer version spears, however when having a closer look today when sanitising I noticed they don't have O rings for the spears. I do have the older spears with O ring, and thought perhaps they might fit on the newer / smaller spears but I couldn't see anywhere that had a snug fit. I didn't want to risk it, but fortunately I have bottles too so just bottled it all.

Is this one for me to just buy smaller o-rings from brewart, or have I missed a step here?

Probably answers already before too, but do the old spears fit in the newer kegs?

Thanks all

Hey Sam, glad to hear you’ve finally got going on your brewing journey. Welcome to the fold.

There were some keg spears that shipped without the o-rings and I think it was just a packing error.

Contact Brewart support via phone or email and they’ll help you out.

Cheers.

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, Dustin Frothman said:

Hey Sam, glad to hear you’ve finally got going on your brewing journey. Welcome to the fold.

There were some keg spears that shipped without the o-rings and I think it was just a packing error.

Contact Brewart support via phone or email and they’ll help you out.

Cheers.

Thanks Dustin. Yeah did read that from you in another post somewhere I think. Cheers. I did actually try to call them first but no answer or reply, perhaps on Xmas leave? Will send them an email though. Thanks

• Upvote 1