Lion City Lager

Now, I will say, this is still from the "Hops in as you put it into storage" debacle information from the Facebook forum, so it is missing that bitterness that I really like in beer.

In saying that, if it had the bitterness, I'd be raving about this. Still a nice beer with full flavour...christ I wish I had the hops the right way now, or that I hadn't had beer with the hops added at the last minute as that is what it will be compared to. Still, this is meant to be the copy of Tiger beer, a beer I have had on tap a few times and this kicks its butt.

Not saying this beer goes straight to the pool room but t has a place in the hallway outside the pool room

• Upvote 1

So, just finishing the longneck after having a Corona (Aztec)...slight difference. Seriously a bit more hops in this and me being a lager, pilsner, drinker would find this hard to fault. When Brewart are selling their product on "pub quality beer" well at the pubs in my town...this has it covered:

• Upvote 1

Lightbulb thought but this is what I really hoped US Chiller lager would have evolved too. Malt, strong flavour, bit of floral notes but, given you can do a brew of this for 26 V 17 for a US Chiller, I'd take 2 of these for the same price as the US does 3...and I did not mind the US Chiller at all.

Really thinking I am getting my list down now of what is the staples on re order

12 hours ago, Rob Courtney said:

Lightbulb thought but this is what I really hoped US Chiller lager would have evolved too. Malt, strong flavour, bit of floral notes but, given you can do a brew of this for 26 V 17 for a US Chiller, I'd take 2 of these for the same price as the US does 3...and I did not mind the US Chiller at all.

Really thinking I am getting my list down now of what is the staples on re order

I do personal ratings on each brew out of 10. I mainly do this so I can establish a list of the top ten for ongoing brewing preferences. (there is such a big ranch of quality, so need some control 😋)

13 hours ago, Rob Courtney said:

Now, I will say, this is still from the "Hops in as you put it into storage" debacle information from the Facebook forum, so it is missing that bitterness that I really like in beer.

I don’t connect with Facebook so not aware of debacle however I add the hops when the fermentation is complete but leave it in the keg mode for the two days before the storage mode (although you can still revert back to the keg mode if longer required). 

I find this time allows for further yeast clean up and gives the hops some semi active time. I think the difference is notable.

Ps there is no detrimental effects to the brew if the droid lid is lifted and replaced slowly so as not to create turbulence above the brew. If using the Brewprint liquid hops, gently release all over the surface, don’t stir.

• Thanks 1

On 28/08/2019 at 9:20 AM, Barrelboy said:

I don’t connect with Facebook so not aware of debacle however I add the hops when the fermentation is complete but leave it in the keg mode for the two days before the storage mode (although you can still revert back to the keg mode if longer required). 

I find this time allows for further yeast clean up and gives the hops some semi active time. I think the difference is notable.

Ps there is no detrimental effects to the brew if the droid lid is lifted and replaced slowly so as not to create turbulence above the brew. If using the Brewprint liquid hops, gently release all over the surface, don’t stir.

Interesting. I have always thought the beers I was making was just missing that bitterness of good hops...just like it was really good but not quite there. I talked to Liam about it and about Hop Teas and he was keen for me to try the last day before kegging which I have only started doing and can notice the difference in the initial tastings.

The Brew shop guy says I should put my hop tea in early, so there looks like a lot of experimentation to do...which you know, is fun.

• Upvote 1

On 05/09/2019 at 6:09 AM, Barrelboy said:

Might do this one next?

I would, it is supposed to be the Brewprint version of Tiger, which as I have said is a beer I have had on tap a few times during some very good times ( which probably makes the beer taste better :)) and I am a keen fan on this, think it has pub tap covered. Of course, if you want to wait three weeks, I'll get to the keg of this but you know, if the bottles are that good...

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Barrelboy said:

What you expected Rob? I must do it but so many recipes.🤔

To be honest, I actually preferred it in the bottle. I' pretty sure this was the first keg that I stopped using the Brewart sugar syrup and used dextrose so it was a little more foamy ( I mean we are talking the difference of it being about an inch or less too much) so that can be worked on. I'm not sure the flavours were as pronounced as they were in the bottle 

• 2 months later...
On 21/09/2019 at 9:59 AM, Rob Courtney said:

To be honest, I actually preferred it in the bottle. I' pretty sure this was the first keg that I stopped using the Brewart sugar syrup and used dextrose so it was a little more foamy ( I mean we are talking the difference of it being about an inch or less too much) so that can be worked on. I'm not sure the flavours were as pronounced as they were in the bottle 

Have you had much luck using the dextrose . And how much do you add to the keg ? Just thinking of buying the custom orders instead of brewprints and might skip out of the primer, especially if you get better carbonation from the dextrose. Also have either of you two tried this with hopping it ? This is going on my next order list after xmas 

So I have been using a dextrose from wheat starch, using 30gms per 5 litre keg. Still experimenting with this though. In the immortal words of every married man, I need more head, just not getting as much as i am hoping for. Unfortunately when you are 14-16 weeks ahead, it takes a while to et the balance right...which is where I am

27 minutes ago, Rob Courtney said:

So I have been using a dextrose from wheat starch, using 30gms per 5 litre keg. Still experimenting with this though. In the immortal words of every married man, I need more head, just not getting as much as i am hoping for. Unfortunately when you are 14-16 weeks ahead, it takes a while to et the balance right...which is where I am

30g would be about right for dextrose in a 5l keg. You’ll have to crack a bottle after two weeks, could you handle that Rob??ha ha🤗

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...