Jolly Roger Pale Ale

On 15/03/2022 at 2:27 PM, Hambone said:

this one went in the Droid yesterday. Will add 25g Galaxy to the recipe of 25g Cascade and 25g Mosaic.

Should be a cracking drop.

Aaarrrrgggghhhhh.

cheers

Dry hopped today with 25g Mosaic, 25g Cascade, 25g Galaxy, 25g Simcoe.

Should be juicy.

Cheers

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
17 hours ago, Rob Courtney said:

No centenial or cascade in the house, thinking of doing it with 25 each of Simcoe, Mosiac and Galaxy or should I wait til I can get some of those hops?

Have a good track record of GAMS blends (galaxy Amarillo mosaic and simcoe) tried and true combos. Have found a bit extra mosaic always works well and doesn’t smother the other hops.   

6 hours ago, J P said:

Have a good track record of GAMS blends (galaxy Amarillo mosaic and simcoe) tried and true combos. Have found a bit extra mosaic always works well and doesn’t smother the other hops.   

I saw your GAMS post and at least thought I was on the right track, had used all my Amarillo in my last brew and was thinking that this one was Simcoe and Mosiac but that is another one...oh well sure this will have a decent hit to it.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Bottled this one today....11 days in but that was becauiuse I was lazy than it took that long.

Not surprisingly, it had a really nice smell to it in the little sampler I poured, tasted fine too. Will be good to give this one a go...maybe need to try this original style to get an idea. Maybe somewhere has it on tap...not where I live but going on holidays in a couple of weeks so maybe somewhere along the line I can get a tap poured pint to get an idea

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
On 07/04/2022 at 6:23 PM, Rob Courtney said:

Welll I only have 25 Simcoe so 25 it'll be...

Maybe just go 25, 25 and 15 (mosiac)

Rounding off the pre breakfast drinking with this. Basically 8 weeks tomorrow and this is pretty bloody good. Obviously, all beer gets better with Mosiac...better with Galaxy. Reckon because the weathers dropped, this'd be even better at 10 weeks but yeah, really nice.

Was looking at some peoples 100gms efforts, can see how that'd be really good drinking

• Upvote 2

• 3 weeks later...

Strange with this one...I'm not sure I entirely like this beer but geez, it is a very nice beer and one that usually charges double figures for a can. I'm not sure that makes a lot of sense but maybe it isn't my style but there is nothing going to stop me having a few pints of this if they're going.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, Liquid Gold said:

Hey all. 
just got this on last week. Second ever brew. Brew print states: propagate 21: ferment 16: keg 18: store 4. Dry hopped as per direction but machine is dropping temp to a target temp of 4. Was this supposed to happen?

Yeah, dry hopped, 2 days of normal, 2 days of 4 degrees then back to kegging temp...all good.

• 1 month later...