Belgian Lager

Pursya

2 minutes ago, Barrelboy said:

I worked on 10 recipes and then added extra enhancers/yeasts to make up other brews sort of at will, as I feel. 87 total items. Still have a few cans to use up.

I am going to do 20 and then order one with some ingredients to make my own brew...only to find out later, when I toast it as "special" , that it is actually already a current brewprint

• 2 weeks later...

So, given some of the news I received this afternoon ( not bad for me but for others I work with) I decided after being at the brewshop today getting some Saaz hops (100gms for 10 bucks) and talking about beer out of stubbies that I should give a longie and a stubbie a go tonight

Mark, you are right, they are better for head retention (crown seals). Beer is dry hopped and is very, very nice. Would really like to tie one on tonight drinking all the stubbies I can but ...

Have to say, I really enjoy drinking from the stubbie

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So, this is the one I dry hopped and hop pouched a while back ( mid Dec), the next one I have done, which is a few weeks away at the least is all dry hops, 20gms. I was unsure of the taste of that one so have dialled back to 15gms which seems to be good...but may not be enough come drinking time.

I think I am about 10-12 weeks ahead with brews at present but may need to bump up brewing in the next 6 weeks to get some stuff done before winter to bump it up to 14-16 weeks of stock.

• Upvote 1

• 5 weeks later...
On 06/04/2020 at 8:57 PM, Rob Courtney said:

For me, this, Birra, LawnMower, Czech and Bohemian on a rotating roster would be just fine. In saying that, I would be missing out on some fine, fine beers but jeez, pretty sweet drinking

Couldn’t agree more. So much so the Czech Pilsner Kegged today, replacement - the delicious Belgian Lager. Can’t wait. I’ve got the lager bug, part due to Rob, thanks.👌

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Barrelboy said:

Couldn’t agree more. So much so the Czech Pilsner Kegged today, replacement - the delicious Belgian Lager. Can’t wait. I’ve got the lager bug, part due to Rob, thanks.👌

I am trying to put a bit of planning into my beers so I get that run so I can get a month of 4 kegs I really like, then the 5th week, try a different brew so when the Lawnmower comes out, I will toss up between Boho and Belgian and whichever loses that round goes against Birra

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...