Belgian Lager

Pursya

7 hours ago, Barrelboy said:

In the keg after 12 day fermention, replaced with good old Birra Italiano.

In flo after long week, looking forward to tomorrow. 10 weeks secondary, make a couple of pizzas, drink 3 pints without it touching the sides, hopefully not to much of a hangover so I'm not the only person not there on my street for the Anzac Parade for the diggers on our street, seeing they can't have a proper march.

• 1 month later...

So, I have alternated between this and my brew...and lets just say, if this was a Friday night, with no distractions (like work), this would get messy and now that everything is getting opened up again, there would be a fair chance of a cafe burger to sort the belly and head out the next day.

I mean, there is no comparison between the beer I drank for years, happily, that people mocked me as elitist for, and these two. If they were 7 bucks a pint, I'd be OK with it. As I am a lager/pilsner drinker, there are 5-6 I could easily put in rotation and be happy, guessing the same for Pale Ales/ales?

3 minutes ago, Rob Courtney said:

So, I have alternated between this and my brew...and lets just say, if this was a Friday night, with no distractions (like work), this would get messy and now that everything is getting opened up again, there would be a fair chance of a cafe burger to sort the belly and head out the next day.

I mean, there is no comparison between the beer I drank for years, happily, that people mocked me as elitist for, and these two. If they were 7 bucks a pint, I'd be OK with it. As I am a lager/pilsner drinker, there are 5-6 I could easily put in rotation and be happy, guessing the same for Pale Ales/ales?

Before the droid I couldn’t homebrew Lager or Pilsner due to not being able to control the lower fermentation temperatures with and consistent accuracy, ales however at 18C we’re a different story and theses I used to drink commercially. Being generally an ale drinker and now being able to brew the lagers and Pilsner I have the best of both worlds and have opened up a whole new brewing experience. 

• Upvote 1

Such a good brew, nearly five weeks in and it just stands out against the other beer ( wheat beer, which I really like tbh). Our holiday this winter will now be at K.I. as we can't travel anywhere, will take a dozen longies half Birra, Half Belgian over there to help me deal with my children

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 25/05/2020 at 9:26 PM, Rob Courtney said:

Just snuck a Grolsch bottle full of this at 4 weeks. The more I drink these beers, dry hopped between 4-6 weeks, the more i think that is a lagers time. Just very, very good drinking

so this same one at 13 weeks ( last bottle) still drinks very well with strong flavours

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...