iPhone app issues

Alan Batchelor

Hello all, 

I see on the Facebook page people reporting issues with the iPhone app not connecting or it has authentication issues. If it does open it does not look right or the notifications are missing. This has been going on for quite a few days. I am wondering if this is just a US issue or other countries are having problems. I can’t imagine there is just one server in Australia but maybe!

thoughts?

Alan

12 minutes ago, Alan Batchelor said:

Hello all, 

I see on the Facebook page people reporting issues with the iPhone app not connecting or it has authentication issues. If it does open it does not look right or the notifications are missing. This has been going on for quite a few days. I am wondering if this is just a US issue or other countries are having problems. I can’t imagine there is just one server in Australia but maybe!

thoughts?

Alan

Not sure here. The app on my Samsung Galaxy has been ok however I tend to use the iPad and that’s been great. I think BrewArt is looking into the issue.

Cheers

Hello @BrewArt Team might have spoken to soon. I get into the status most times but it does still hang occasionally on authenticating. And when I am in I can’t get the notifications. Please see pic. So although better I feel there are still problems. Another issue is uploading a photo in the forum. Took 2 mins to load..

Alan

A807C91E-9C07-4D70-9F35-196A1E3C5624.png

5 hours ago, Alan Batchelor said:

Not working for me either. Been spotty since last weekend. I have a message into brewart support but they are not responding. Not quite sure why, normally very responsive 🤷‍♂️

~Alan

Been playing up, on and off. It is now down on both my iPad and iPhone. I do note that the Droids have both symbols, the wifi and world globe. I would thing BrewArt are aware and will get onto it soon.

Hi

5088_553_brewarthorizontallogowhite.png

Hi BrewArtist, 

Over the weekend we have been made aware that some users have experienced intermittent service disruptions. Our tech team are on to it and working as quickly as possible to have this resolved.   

If you have contacted us over the weekend, we will get back to you as soon as possible, but due to higher than usual enquiries it may take a little longer. 

Rest assured if you are mid-brew the BeerDroid will maintain correct temperature- YOUR BEER IS SAFE!

Thanks for your patience. 

Cheers, 

The BrewArt Team

5041_4428_fb.png
48605_spacer.png
5042_4429_insta.png
48605_spacer.png
5046_4433_twitter.png
48605_spacer.png
5047_4434_youtube.png
48605_spacer.png
5045_4432_social_icon1.png

Unsubscribe

BrewArt | 461 South Road | Regency Park, SA 5010 | Australia

You are receiving this email because you have signed up to BrewArt News and have selected to receive communications from us on BrewArt products and offers. 

48605_spacer.png
o.gif

BrewArtist, 

Over the weekend we have been made aware that some users have experienced intermittent service disruptions. Our tech team are on to it and working as quickly as possible to have this resolved.   

If you have contacted us over the weekend, we will get back to you as soon as possible, but due to higher than usual enquiries it may take a little longer. 

Thanks for your patience. 

Cheers, 

The BrewArt Team

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...

But surely the serialization error posted above is not properly fixed, it will need an app update to fix that. Looks to me like the programmer didn't allow for handling null returns on the return data, the code needs to first check if the return data (I assume JSON) is null before trying to serialize it. Otherwise that issue is still there waiting to rear its head again.

Edited by Dave Lock

45 minutes ago, Dave Lock said:

But surely the serialization error posted above is not properly fixed, it will need an app update to fix that. Looks to me like the programmer didn't allow for handling null returns on the return data, the code needs to first check if the return data (I assume JSON) is null before trying to serialize it. Otherwise that issue is still there waiting to rear its head again.

🤓

I know what you're saying but I reckon you've probably lost few mate.

58 minutes ago, Dustin Frothman said:

🤓

I know what you're saying but I reckon you've probably lost few mate.

For what reason would you say that? If you think what I posted is negative of anyone or anything then you clearly did not understand what I was saying.

What is being discussed in this thread is not one technical issue but two. One issue (server outage) triggered the other issue (app trying to serialise a null object). The first issue is fixed, well done to whoever did that, but the 2nd issue is in the app so without an app update it's still there for users. It's not a serious issue (because it doesn't crash the app) but if a similar trigger condition occurs it will obviously occur again. It's the sort of issue that goes on the bug list for the next update. If that has already occurred then all good, but there is no mention of that here, hence why I posted.

I've been programming for 40 years, I done hundred if bugs like this in that time. They're hard to find but simple to fix so programmers are usually thankful for the heads up. What I posted was purely making the point there's 2 issues there with a little bit of tech info in case the brewart team see the post. And with that experience I can say that issue would have crashed the app if it wasn't well programmed, so kudos to the programmer for doing a good job with it. Cheers.

Edited by Dave Lock

13 minutes ago, Rob Courtney said:

Because most of us are still looking for the "any key" on our keyboards

As I'm still trying to figure what a "cold crash" actually means. I figure it's a term for an automatic stage in the process, but the way it's mentioned sometimes, I'm questioning my assumption on that, that it might be a separate optional step. It'll all make sense soon enough. Cheers. :D

Edited by Dave Lock

13 minutes ago, Dave Lock said:

As I'm still trying to figure what a "cold crash" actually means. I figure it's a term for an automatic stage in the process, but the way it's mentioned sometimes, I'm questioning my assumption on that, that it might be a separate optional step. It'll all make sense soon enough. Cheers. :D

"Cold Crashing" or putting the beer into storage mode is getting the beer to 4 degrees which when done for 48 hours or more helps to clear up the beer  the yeast will flocculate and settle to the bottom of the BeerDroid, leaving behind a clearer beer.

In saying that, I would rarely do this, the beer is very clear anyways, where it is very handy is if you are using th Brewart Hop filer and dry hopping, as this will reduce the amount of hop residue going through theBrewart filter. As I use a hop ball, I don't need to do it plus those two extra days really cut into my drinking schedule :)

• Upvote 1

• 5 weeks later...