RUBY PORTER

Brad Quinn

39 minutes ago, Gillies Brewing said:

Put in the Ruby this morning after bottling the EPD.

Added 100g maltodextrin to try and beef it up a little after reading this. Didn't wanna drop a whole 250g in just yet, and I have a couple in mind I want to put some in.

https://youtu.be/tDOznxiEcdM

I'd advise against 250g.

I tried that with this beer and ended up with a couple of Brewart kegs that were bombs.

• 2 months later...

well at 9 or 10 weeks this is really coming into its own. I had a couple early and knew that it was one that needed time, but I was still a little disappointed. Cracked one or two at 6 or 7 weeks and it was definitely a lot better, but now I had one tonight and it's something truly special. Tastes like burnt toffee. The mocha richness has filled in the flavour and has covered any oddities in the taste. What a beer. It's made me put a RIS in for tomorrow night's PHS

Edited by Gillies Brewing
  • Like 2

Man that looks delicious , havent done the ruby porter for a bit but i have really really enjoyed it. I am having an Amber Ale with Biscuit Rye at the moment 😁. All grain brew 🤤🤤🤤

Edited by Paul84
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

On 10/05/2022 at 8:15 PM, Hambone said:

100g Dextrose for head retention has worked fantastically well.

Is that dextrose or maltodextrose/maltodextrin?

On 11/05/2022 at 5:23 AM, Hambone said:

if I've got no carbon drops I just use brown sugar. It's always handy, it's what the wife has in her tea.

Far East, how good is brown sugar in tea

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Captain 3 Droids said:

Was it initially like the head you get on a Guinness, then as Co2 bubbles rise up it breaks the head up? If so, next pour have a sip of the head straight away, yum.

It was indeed, and that's exactly what I did, then poured a bit more (I know, "But what about the yeast getting mixed in!" But I wanted the full glass for the piccy and I'm not too fussy)

Edited by Gillies Brewing
  • Like 1

On 13/05/2022 at 5:58 PM, Dustin Frothman said:

Nice one @Paul84

You kept the kegerator quiet!!! 😍

Not that quiet lol. Wouldnt go backwards now . I really really liked the Flo and what it can do . But i like having a few beers on the go so was a no brainer lol 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1