Brewprint Shelf Life

Ian-B

Sorry if this is a bit of a stupid question, but I'm wondering what the shelf life of the various ingredients typically are.

I saw that if you're not planning to use a brewprint straight away the yeast (and hops I assume) should go in the fridge.
Other than "fresher is better" I don't really see any indication of how quickly they should be used.

Cheers,
Ian

Ian, The issue of brewprint shelf life came up recently in a discussion I had with Paul at BrewArt HQ.  He advised that the sealed packets are designed to have a long shelf life, so 12 months to two years should not be a problem.  Whilst no specific timeframe was discussed I think that to use the product within 12 -18 months from purchase would be fine.  You are correct in that both Hops and Yeast should be stored in the fridge.  As soon my brewprints arrive I seperate the Hops and Yeast for refrigerated storage. Hope this helps.

If you still have concerns you may want to contact BrewArt HQ.

Regards

Big Pop

Thanks Big Pop. 

My question related to the fact that I was planning to buy a few brewkits (to save on postage) but then potentially not using them up for a few months.

So based on your discussion, it sounds like I should be fine.

Cheers,
Ian

Regular hops Is recommended to be kept refrigerated to keep them fresh so I would assume that the liquid hops would be the same.

Yeast is the most important thing to keep in mind in terms of shelf life since it will not work if it goes past it's expiry date but it should last longer if it is kept in the fridge.

Shelf life of the ingredients is definitely something to keep in mind when ordering a heap of BrewPrints at once to take advantage of free shipping or reducing the number of orders so that you don't have to pay as much in shipping charges. My main problem is having enough space to store it all.

Archived