Ok been a while since I posted but I am still brewing 🤪

I tried some more experimental brewart ingredients brews with varying degrees of success. Managed to brew a 1/2 decent attempt at a NEIPA but still wasn’t totally happy. Also did one with mango juice. 

Just brewed a Pale ale heavily hoped. Came out pretty good and best Pale ale yet. 

Just tasted at 14 days and it’s not bad. Thinking it will mature nicely in a month or so. Color and cloudiness is spot on and taste is fruity with a bit of a bitter back end. All in all I am happy and looked forward to to tasting again in about a month. 

I have a similar pale ale on the go but this time just hopping with Galaxy and double flaked oats. 

~Alan

A9D5F838-15F5-4AF1-ABC5-A9D7D1666DE1.jpeg

199A48E3-4B7A-4E0A-98ED-CC4E2B5FAF7B.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Alan Batchelor said:

Ok been a while since I posted but I am still brewing 🤪

I tried some more experimental brewart ingredients brews with varying degrees of success. Managed to brew a 1/2 decent attempt at a NEIPA but still wasn’t totally happy. Also did one with mango juice. 

Just brewed a Pale ale heavily hoped. Came out pretty good and best Pale ale yet. 

Just tasted at 14 days and it’s not bad. Thinking it will mature nicely in a month or so. Color and cloudiness is spot on and taste is fruity with a bit of a bitter back end. All in all I am happy and looked forward to to tasting again in about a month. 

I have a similar pale ale on the go but this time just hopping with Galaxy and double flaked oats. 

~Alan

A9D5F838-15F5-4AF1-ABC5-A9D7D1666DE1.jpeg

199A48E3-4B7A-4E0A-98ED-CC4E2B5FAF7B.jpeg

Glad to see you're still here and that brew looks really interesting.

Thanks for sharing. I might have to give this one a go myself. 👍

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Alan Batchelor said:

@Rob Courtney The oats add the cloudiness and some of the color, taste wise no clue. I have just seen that a lot of NEIPA style beers have flaked oats. And hell it’s a Breakfast, lunch and Dinner beer 🤣

Alan

The oats as commonly used in stouts add some sweet smoothness to the flavour and give increased body and mouthfeel.