New BrewFlo - Upgrade….?

Rob Courtney

4 hours ago, Captain 3 Droids said:

Interesting email. 

It is but there is a part of me that thinks if they are releasing a new Brewflo at say $700 ish, I'd probably still go forced carb kegs if I was going to switch from bottles. Still, I will wait and see what the offer is, I guess I do have a lot of kegs to use if it is something that raises eyebrows

45 minutes ago, Captain 3 Droids said:

Emails being received about pressure and beer flow adjustments…..?. New unit, upgrade??

Yes, looks very much like a new unit.

It appears from the promo images they’re incorporating ball lock disconnects and a new flow control disconnect on the beer side. This is a good move and acknowledgment that the existing plastic connectors are not durable enough.

I wonder what is being done to address the liner, liner connector and keg cap issues?

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Dustin Frothman said:

Yes, looks very much like a new unit.

It appears from the promo images they’re incorporating ball lock disconnects and a new flow control disconnect on the beer side. This is a good move and acknowledgment that the existing plastic connectors are not durable enough.

I wonder what is being done to address the liner, liner connector and keg cap issues?

Agree a good move but your right from what I’ve read regarding keg/bag issues that should be addressed but no mention of it.

17 hours ago, Rob Courtney said:

Hasn't been there before, what sort of gas is in it?

It would definitely have me interested if they are using carbonation, I'd weigh that up V a kegerator

I think it's just the way the image has been cropped.

It's very lkely to still be just the two lines. The air line (compressed air) with the grey plastic ball lock style disconnect on the left and the orange beer line with the flow control disconnect on the right (i.e. adjust pressure of the beer exiting the keg to control flow rate/foaming)

As you already own a BrewFlo then the considerations for you if you are seriously looking at a kegerator should be footprint and cost. If the new Brewflo is $800 then you're in kegerator territory but you can only have one beer on the go at a time. Plus there's all the ancillary expenses such as liners and primers.

Regardless, it's fantastic to see BrewArt addressing the issues with the BrewFlo and I hope they work. Perhaps they'll have something to demo at the Beer & BBQ Festival in Adelaide next weekend. I'll probably go so will let you know if anything exciting is on display. 🍻

1 hour ago, Dustin Frothman said:

As you already own a BrewFlo then the considerations for you if you are seriously looking at a kegerator should be footprint and cost. If the new Brewflo is $800 then you're in kegerator territory but you can only have one beer on the go at a time. Plus there's all the ancillary expenses such as liners and primers.

see, my problem with the flo always had to do with carbonation, I just was rarely happy with it. Unless it was doing that to the beer, I really wouldn't be interested in the new flo. My only reason to buy it would be carbonation and the fact I already have the kegs, outside of that then a kegerator would make far more sense

Waiting for my 50% discount offer on this.

Must be offered at cost or below to long term customers who have put up with a lot from the original units.

Edited by Captain 3 Droids
Remove a particular word.
  • Like 1

The latest teaser email shows the improved keg caps with metal keg posts which makes sense considering the standard ball lock disconnects in the other images.

So hopefully the final teaser is to show how the keg liner connects to the cap. If they have solved this and the quality control issues with the liners then it looks like it’ll be a significant improvement.

Well done BrewArt. 👏

• Upvote 3

On 9/7/2022 at 3:05 PM, Rob Courtney said:

see, my problem with the flo always had to do with carbonation, I just was rarely happy with it. Unless it was doing that to the beer, I really wouldn't be interested in the new flo. My only reason to buy it would be carbonation and the fact I already have the kegs, outside of that then a kegerator would make far more sense

That’s fair enough. And yes you would enjoy the control that carbonating with gas allows you.

One issue I can see with the upgraded BrewFlo is that if you’re still carbonating with primer - which is not necessarily a bad thing, it will not address the over/under carbonated issues whether you have flow control on the pour or not.

That said, you can’t design the system for everybody so I think sticking to the original philosophy is wise and sorting out the weak points in the existing system as opposed to a complete redesign is the best approach.

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, Dustin Frothman said:

The latest teaser email shows the improved keg caps with metal keg posts which makes sense considering the standard ball lock disconnects in the other images.

So hopefully the final teaser is to show how the keg liner connects to the cap. If they have solved this and the quality control issues with the liners then it looks like it’ll be a significant improvement.

Well done BrewArt. 👏

What is a bit of a surprise is the link throws you to the Facebook BrewArt Official site and there isn’t much there.

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Captain 3 Droids said:

What is a bit of a surprise is the link throws you to the Facebook BrewArt Official site and there isn’t much there.

Social media platforms are the right place to advertise this stuff. Even though we interact here, online forums have been dying a slow death for a while so they’d get more exposure on SookBook, Instaflog, Twatter etc. ;)

That not much goes on via their SookBook page … who knows. There’s definitely a healthy user base on the unofficial page. I haven’t checked it out for months though, but I’m sure there’s a robust discussion happening re these upgrades.

Edited by Dustin Frothman
  • Like 1