Bohemian Lager

32 minutes ago, Grant Patterson said:

Hello and thanks for the reply. Here are some screen shots of my app. Yes it has been sitting between 17-18 degrees for awhile now. I still have to add the hop extract.  From reading a few posts I will add it to brew droid and then leave it for another day before Kegging. 

08968D8F-47BF-4C53-91CF-373A8350FEAE.png

4B0E1B26-A949-43A7-9F37-581BAD4DC43C.png

Well it certainly appears that fermentation is still happening due to temp rise and cooling. The progress from BrewStarted to the 17C temp change is normal so a bit of patience is now required.

You could add the hops now, I assume you will be using a hop bag or similar for pellets?

Edited by Captain 3 Droids

56 minutes ago, Grant Patterson said:

It will be the hop extract that came with the brew print. So I will give it a couple more days and see what happens. Thanks for you help. Appreciate it

Hi Grant, this is my favourite brew in the range and it usually takes between 10-12 days. I often have the idea that as soon as you post "is this supposed to take this long?"  it ticks over the next night.

Are you going to keg of bottle?

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Rob Courtney said:

6 weeks in and just delicious...and I have drunk some very good beers tonight.

I will go as far as to say this should be the beer that comes with a Brewart Droif 

Yes that or the Lawn Mower Lager. The American Pale Ale is not necessarily the best to start with as it generally overflows. Not great for your first brew. I wonder if it is to satisfy the American market?

4 hours ago, Captain 3 Droids said:

Yes that or the Lawn Mower Lager. The American Pale Ale is not necessarily the best to start with as it generally overflows. Not great for your first brew. I wonder if it is to satisfy the American market?

Could be or it is a simple recipe that does give a craft beer tatste to it, agree with the Lawnmower call too but I guess that fro my observations, most people who are buying a droid are ale drinkers, I guess you have to play to the market 

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Perfect, thanks guys. 👍

I know it’s subjective but as this is only lager #2 for me I was keen for some guidance.

I dropped the hops in this morning. The brew finished primary fermentation just after midnight last night so that was only 7 days. I was expecting 9 to 10 so I’ll have to let it sit at kegging temperature for a couple of days whilst the hops infuse.

1 minute ago, Dustin Frothman said:

Perfect, thanks guys. 👍

I know it’s subjective but as this is only lager #2 for me I was keen for some guidance.

I dropped the hops in this morning. The brew finished primary fermentation just after midnight last night so that was only 7 days. I was expecting 9 to 10 so I’ll have to let it sit at kegging temperature for a couple of days whilst the hops infuse.

I was the same when first doing lagers (only every done them with BrewArt).

1 minute ago, Dustin Frothman said:

If it’s only half as good as the Revolution Dark Lager I’ll be very impressed.

I’m sure it’ll be just as good if not better.

The Czech Saaz hop pellets smelled great.

They are a great hop, one of the favourites. Certainly a different style to the Revolution Dark Lager ha there great one) however I reckon you’ll love it.

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...
2 minutes ago, Rob Courtney said:

6 and a bit weeks in. Have been really looking forward to having a beer all week and to be honest, could drink this print all week long, either with Hallertau as a Bavarian lager or Saaz as Bohemian, just delicious. Anyways, this ones for Strop, the legend . 

IMG_0464.jpg

Looks a treat, bottle or flo? And yes, Strop a legend of true comedy?

• Upvote 1