Bohemian Lager

Just now, Captain 3 Droids said:

Looks a treat, bottle or flo? And yes, Strop a legend of true comedy?

Just a stubbie. Whilst I like the flo with ales, I prefer bottles with the lagers, just the carbonation and taste comes off a treat.

As to Strop, there would be no Hoges, no World Series Cricket or Crocodile Dundee without him...I mean sure, Hoges wrote it and starred in it but Strop Cornell was the business brain. As to comedy though,  have always felt only a very intelligent person can play an idiot for laughs well, in the 70s it was Strop and Gary MacDonald ( Norman Gunston) who did that and Cornell did Strop so very well. Usually comedy dilutes over the year but I have a bit of Hoges ( and Les Patterson) on DVD and video, the comedy (in Les Pattersons case stands up very well) but with Hoges, Cornells work is still very, very good

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 23/07/2021 at 6:24 PM, Rob Courtney said:

6 and a bit weeks in. Have been really looking forward to having a beer all week and to be honest, could drink this print all week long, either with Hallertau as a Bavarian lager or Saaz as Bohemian, just delicious.

IMG_0464.jpg

Poured my first overflow bottle of this one tonight at 6 weeks. Big white fluffy head. Impressive. Otherwise the appearance is the same as your photo.

The Czech Saaz are great. This is a very nice lager. I can see this being really good in some warmer weather accompanying a BBQ.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Dustin Frothman said:

Poured my first overflow bottle of this one tonight at 6 weeks. Big white fluffy head. Impressive. Otherwise the appearance is the same as your photo.

The Czech Saaz are great. This is a very nice lager. I can see this being really good in some warmer weather accompanying a BBQ.

It was the first beer I brewewd that I drank the whole keg and I thought "yep, that is better than what I can buy"

It was the first time I was just stoked I bought Brewart, before that, i had brewed some nice beers, some good beers but my first Bohemian, I knew I brewed great beers  

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Rob Courtney said:

It was the first beer I brewewd that I drank the whole keg and I thought "yep, that is better than what I can buy"

It was the first time I was just stoked I bought Brewart, before that, i had brewed some nice beers, some good beers but my first Bohemian, I knew I brewed great beers  

It’s one of those beers that I think wouldn’t be polarising in any manner. It tastes like a “beer” and a well made one at that. So you could safely serve it to you neighbour at a BBQ without being concerned that they’re just drinking it to be polite.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Dustin Frothman said:

6 weeks?

Let it sit, 8-12 weeks it is in the zone.

It has some improving to do

Edited by Rob Courtney
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

DCE64CA8-3E3E-4474-9F4D-29E2E935CBD9.thumb.jpeg.382823c4036dccd11f75cdfdcea3dd46.jpeg

8 weeks is spot on thanks @Rob Courtney

Had to steal the wife’s for the photo. Mine is gone already. Carbonation is great too. I reckon once move over to stainless steel kegs I’ll still naturally carbonate a few brews. I like the taste and think Brewart have got it spot on with the new primer bricks.

Will brew this one again. Perfect for a BBQ or watching the footy with friends.

I mean, you can’t serve them 7.5% IPAs all day otherwise they’ll need to stay the night … I don’t like them that much.

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, Dustin Frothman said:

DCE64CA8-3E3E-4474-9F4D-29E2E935CBD9.thumb.jpeg.382823c4036dccd11f75cdfdcea3dd46.jpeg

Had to steal the wife’s for the photo. Mine is gone already. Carbonation is great too. I reckon once move over to stainless steel kegs I’ll still naturally carbonate a few brews. I like the taste and think Brewart have got it spot on with the new primer bricks.

I mean, you can’t serve them 7.5% IPAs all day otherwise they’ll need to stay the night … I don’t like them that much.

Nice looking brew, I’m waiting for EOF for this now.

• Like 1

On 21/08/2021 at 5:43 PM, Dustin Frothman said:

Here's the funny thing, same recipe but add Hallertau instead of Saaz and at 4 weeks you have an exceptional beer, I could spend the last 8 weeks of summer with just those two (Stupid Brewart with their damned varities)  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 22/08/2021 at 8:33 PM, Rob Courtney said:

Here's the funny thing, same recipe but add Hallertau instead of Saaz and at 4 weeks you have an exceptional beer, I could spend the last 8 weeks of summer with just those two (Stupid Brewart with their damned varities)  

I'm going to need a dedicated hops freezer at this rate.

First keg of the BoHo is almost gone which is fortunate as I now need some keg space for completed brews.

I'll have to add this one to the top something Brewart recipes list if I ever make one. A great beer. Thanks for the recommendation.

On 24/08/2021 at 7:28 PM, Dustin Frothman said:

I'm going to need a dedicated hops freezer at this rate.

It's killing me, I have the door shelves of the freezer and half a shelf of the fridge with hops ( not that it saves me from running out apparently.

I even copped a "do you need that much space in the fridge for those things" to which I succintcly replied " do you need half of my wardrobe"

It's a truce, an uneasy truce but a truce

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, Rob Courtney said:

It's killing me, I have the door shelves of the freezer and half a shelf of the fridge with hops ( not that it saves me from running out apparently.

I even copped a "do you need that much space in the fridge for those things" to which I succintcly replied " do you need half of my wardrobe"

It's a truce, an uneasy truce but a truce

I feel your pain.

My clothes live in the guest bedroom.

• 3 months later...

Loving this, hot day, wife got a new job...do i need any more reasons to drink?

Last one of these 12 weeks in and just sensational. On a side note, went and got the wife a few Midori things for her to celebrate with so I had a quick check on beer prices. Kinda glad I went the Brewart route but imagine doing it now...you'd make your money back in six months

IMG_0722.jpg

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

After umpiring and then fielding a lot to day in 37 degree heat (100F) I just needed a larger before the summer ale and even though this is just 3 weeks it still delivers. It'll' get better but this was a welcome beer after a cold shower.

Oh yeah, that is the last time I am playing cricket in that temp again, too old can't do it

Just now, Captain 3 Droids said:

Your mad 🤪but choice of lager makes up for it, a bit.🍺

No, you are right, I would call it stupid behaviour. I love cricket, I really do, little better than getting a ton or taking a five for but yeah, too old, better off going to the beach with the kids in that weather from now on.

Except of course when I'm at the beach stupid Greenpeace are trying to push me back into the water the fat shaming buggers

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, Rob Courtney said:

was nice though, just drank it out of the stubbie which I want to do more of now I am using the hop filter from Brewart and the filter that @Dustin Frothmanrecommended

How are you finder the Bouncer insert?

The thing was a game changer for me. Zero hop matter or sediment in my beers now ever.

I reckon a quick and easy product line update for Brewart would be to add some different gauge filter inserts to their offering.

• Upvote 1