Bohemian Lager

25 minutes ago, Paul84 said:

Haha i only have 330ml bottles. All the beers I drink these days come in 330ml. Plus its value for money , it means a droid will give me 30 bottles instead of 26(375ml) 🤣

You back already or teasing us from Bali?
Value for money, 10l is 10l. 4 more bottles to clean, I mean what’s wrong with 13 long neck stubbies. Saves you getting up so often. 😊

Edited by Barrelboy

No back now . Holiday is over and back to the real world. Yeah i agree have a whole heaps of 330ml bottles for capping , but I am thinking my 750 swing tops will likely take priority lol , my only concerns with tall boys is they get warm a bit quick. Only had 2 in Bali other then that was all 330ml bintangs 

20 minutes ago, Paul84 said:

No back now . Holiday is over and back to the real world. Yeah i agree have a whole heaps of 330ml bottles for capping , but I am thinking my 750 swing tops will likely take priority lol , my only concerns with tall boys is they get warm a bit quick. Only had 2 in Bali other then that was all 330ml bintangs 

“warm a bit quick.” Your in Port Hedland, your just not drinking quick enough. Sit the bottle in one of those wine chillers, you know bottle in container, a bit of ice.😊

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, Rob Courtney said:

Sneaky stubby before bed, right, right up there with Belgian, Birra and Lawnmower as my favs.

330mls is just not enough.

On a side note did buy myself another box of 330mls and 750mls this morning, think I am up to 130 ish bottles of which a hundred plus are crown seals

Lovely move. 

• 1 month later...

I have tried quite a few of the craft beer lagers and none of them hold a candle to this beer*. Unable to put my finger on quite what the herbal finish to it is but damn it is good.

*I will say Mornington Lager is close to coming near this, different beer, very crisp, bit of citrus, bloody nice beer but a carton of Mornington lager is $75 and for that I can get 3 Boho lagers

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 12/04/2020 at 8:48 PM, Rob Courtney said:

I have tried quite a few of the craft beer lagers and none of them hold a candle to this beer*. Unable to put my finger on quite what the herbal finish to it is but damn it is good.

*I will say Mornington Lager is close to coming near this, different beer, very crisp, bit of citrus, bloody nice beer but a carton of Mornington lager is $75 and for that I can get 3 Boho lagers

I’m drinking a Bohemian Lager now and your comment about a $75 slab equivalent just adds some honey to this brew in its total enjoyment. It’s a top drop for sure.

🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝

• 3 months later...
8 hours ago, Rob Courtney said:

Yep, needed that week. On a tie with the Coopers Pale Ale as my fav beer out of the range...and there are so many I like. For others that have not tried this brew ever because you don't do lagers/pilsners...give it a go. This is the absolute craft lager, a really good version that surprises

Your so right Rob. As said before you got me to try the lagers and pilsners. Now I can’t stop and struggle to fit the ales in.😄

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Rob Courtney said:

Yep, needed that week. On a tie with the Coopers Pale Ale as my fav beer out of the range...and there are so many I like. For others that have not tried this brew ever because you don't do lagers/pilsners...give it a go. This is the absolute craft lager, a really good version that surprises

Noted. Thanks mate.

• 2 weeks later...

6 weeks in, 2 weeks in a temperature controlled room ( what was i thinking?). Not so developed so all the flavours are in it which is a bit disappointing but really nice bitter notes on it. Probably needs another 10-14 days to get the flavour but then it would lose its bitterness. This is maybe the first or second beer I upped to have 25gms of hops, think it is a good amount

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/10/2020 at 8:49 AM, Barrelboy said:

You potential altered my brewing schedule Rob. The Bohemian is in my top 10 and I don’t have any in store, so your comments have me putting it in the droid as we speak. Will dry hop with 25g Czech Saaz at about day 8.

Well at day 8 fermentation is complete and I predicted dry hopping at this time due to past records. Now I could still add the hops now and leave kegging 24hrs+ however as a backup I keep 2 x ea H liquid hop sachets in the fridge, so no delaying here. 👌👍. Oh to be such a smart arse (no need for comment 😁)

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Grant Patterson said:

Hello I’m new to the beerdroid and this forum.

just wondering if anyone has had issues with fermentation. Mine was suppose to take between 10 - 12 Days. I’m now heading into day 16. I have noticed the droid has been testing for finish of ferment, but is still fermenting. Should I be worrying or just leave it.

Hi Grant and welcome to the forum and the world of home brewing, you’ll love it.

Now 16 days is a bit long for this brew but no damage should have occurred. I take it the droid original temp setting of 12C has ramped up close to kegging temp? Is the activity on the app still showing rises in temp and the cooling or is the temp activity a flat line?