Lawn Mower Lager

Put this one down today (1011/19). Rod gave a good account of it in “Best All Rounder” thread so again have him to blame although both our referrals to date have been on the mark (brag brag).

What will be interesting is how close this will be to a Coopers Session Ale. Only difference in the Brewprints is Y7 vs Y2 yeast and 1 x X1 &  1 x X2 vs 2 X X1. Of course brewing is a lager vs an Ale. I am expecting a difference but by how much.

• 4 weeks later...
Just now, Barrelboy said:

Glad the “grassy” goes, that doesn’t sound nice

It isn't overpowering and if you have ever had a Sav Blanc, it is that sort of taste.

In difference to a green beer where the overpowering taste is over powering, this is more a first taste sort of thing. Anyways, it goes quickly 

8 hours ago, Barrelboy said:

Having a few now and thankfully don’t detect any grassy issues. A refreshing, crisp drop with citrus to the palate. Enjoyable and well suited to the 4 day heat wave we are now entering. For a low alcohol (4%) good flavours and won’t put you to bed early.

The photo is a bit dark, had the lights off.76C12703-669F-480A-B8FD-5C1738FEEABF.thumb.jpeg.98387e0c341a825f06bf447ac952ee4b.jpeg

Yeah, had another one tonight, really nice brew

• 3 weeks later...
On 15/12/2019 at 12:45 PM, Barrelboy said:

Having a few now and thankfully don’t detect any grassy issues. A refreshing, crisp drop with citrus to the palate. Enjoyable and well suited to the 4 day heat wave we are now entering. For a low alcohol (4%) good flavours and won’t put you to bed early.

The photo is a bit dark, had the lights off.76C12703-669F-480A-B8FD-5C1738FEEABF.thumb.jpeg.98387e0c341a825f06bf447ac952ee4b.jpeg

Sooooo, grassy notes, Galaxy Hops.

When I was putting the liquid hops in I smelt it and went "Ahaaa". Checked the hops to similar page and thought " Eureka"  I do like this one, rates right there with Birra...well, I was going to say and a couple of others but there would be five on that list of lagers...

18 minutes ago, Rob Courtney said:

Sooooo, grassy notes, Galaxy Hops.

When I was putting the liquid hops in I smelt it and went "Ahaaa". Checked the hops to similar page and thought " Eureka"  I do like this one, rates right there with Birra...well, I was going to say and a couple of others but there would be five on that list of lagers...

Yes a top drop and the Birra and the............

I never used to be a lager drinker until the droid and the recommendation influences of the said Rob Courtney. I thank you for that as it’s opened up a whole new world. At the pub or bottle shop I was an ale consumer and as a home brewer prior to the droid couldn’t achieve the cold fermentation temperatures required. All has change, so you can “teach an old dog new tricks” 

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

So, in the name of experimentation, I have left this beer for near 14 weeks to see how it goes. Now I love this beer at about 6-7 weeks, just like Birra but I wanted to see where it ends up. So at 14 weeks it has really rounded itself off, the fruit is still there, the hops has died off a bit but I think I dry hopped with Saaz instead of Galaxy hops, so that may have contributed to it ( may have mixed both in, I don't know, maybe I should keep notes...;) .)

Still, what a drop, if you got a pint of this at a pub, you'd be handing the keys to the missus saying "you're driving home" and waiving away her feeble excuses like "but I don't have a licence" as you settled in for the long haul

Edited by Rob Courtney
  • Haha 1

• 2 months later...

Drinking a keg of this tonight, if you are a fan of pale ales and have never thought of drinking the lagers in the Brewart range...this may make you come to the dark side. Probably sitting at around 10 weeks and just good fun to drink, only 4%, which is good because you'll hit a few of them

22 hours ago, Rob Courtney said:

Drinking a keg of this tonight, if you are a fan of pale ales and have never thought of drinking the lagers in the Brewart range...this may make you come to the dark side. Probably sitting at around 10 weeks and just good fun to drink, only 4%, which is good because you'll hit a few of them

Going to have to agree with you it is a bloody good brew

• Haha 1