Lawn Mower Lager

1 hour ago, Barrelboy said:

Having one now as we speak, just over  7 weeks in the keg. The galaxy comes through beautifully.

So I half kegged and bottled this and whilst there is a difference in the flavour (subtleties really) between both, either one is still a very enjoyable drink, Galaxy shone through on both. I will add I did have half a glass left from a keg pour I was drinking and remembered I had about a half glass left in a longneck, which once again was another subtle flavour change

10 minutes ago, Rob Courtney said:

So I half kegged and bottled this and whilst there is a difference in the flavour (subtleties really) between both, either one is still a very enjoyable drink, Galaxy shone through on both. I will add I did have half a glass left from a keg pour I was drinking and remembered I had about a half glass left in a longneck, which once again was another subtle flavour change

That’s good to note and a plus for the Beerflo kegs.

So, made a big plate of Nachos tonight and what says "Mexican" than some Lawn Mower Lager and Czech Pilsner.

This kills me to say, being a massive Budvar fan but I think I prefer LML. Both really good drops but if I was buying 2 of one and one of the other...

Still, one of my rare days off ( company insists I take a "lifestyle day" a year and given I am taking it 9 days before cut off time...you can see how "lifestyle focused" I am...of course, to me it is just an excuse to sample some beers the night before.

• 1 month later...
Just now, Alan Batchelor said:

@Barrelboy Mark, switched to your feed. Never noticed one existed or my spelling sucks. Must be a good lager 🤪

so again!

lawn Mower Lager 14 days in. Best brew I have done so far.

Alan

C7D8B0C6-BB60-4A51-8797-97F138089535.jpeg

Well edited. Lager to larger is easily done, sometimes auto corrects will just do it for you.

Anyway that’s a nice looking lager, 14days, carbonated well.🍻

Yes Mark it had great head and carbonation. It lasted to the last drop. Wonderful beer and will be fantastic in a couple more weeks or longer. I’ve got so much beer I feel I might raid soon for having to much! Need COVID over so I can have a bloody party..

Spelling is an issue. My birth English spelling gets completely screwed up by American English 🤪

Most of the time I do not know what is right or wrong anymore.

Alan

• Haha 1

When I first made this beer ( I kinda just ordered all the lagers to see), I wasn't really keen to brew it , not sure why, maybe the 4% made me think mid strength beer...XXXX. So, when I was making it, pouring in the yeast, the packet dropped out of my and into the water. I just couldn't be arsed so stuck my hand in to fish it out, poured the rest of the clogged up yeast into the water...as water dripped off my hands into the brew. I poured the rest of the ingredients in ans switched it on thinking " don't really care, probably tastes like XXXX crap anways.

Six weeks later I cracked a beer, imagine my surprise 

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Rob Courtney said:

Even with being bottled, 5 weeks in and it is just so good. I was just thinking half the time I log in here I see someone has brewed a beer and I'm like "yeah, that's a really nice brew, I'll do that one next" 

Your so right. Keeping up with the recommendations is hard and I run three droids and now there are the Brewprint additions. Don’t you just love it?

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
34 minutes ago, Barrelboy said:

Can’t have this one not bottled or kegged. Put it in the Droid today and will follow up soon with another one. ( once you have these mower brews in the fridge it’s hard to stop, even if you haven’t mowed the lawn).

😉 Totally agree, I have my second batch of Lawn Mower Lager in the droid now and my lawn is artificial.

Edited by xpsTech
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

14 hours ago, Barrelboy said:

Can’t have this one not bottled or kegged. Put it in the Droid today and will follow up soon with another one. ( once you have these mower brews in the fridge it’s hard to stop, even if you haven’t mowed the lawn).

If you drink Pale ales at all...then this is the brew that makes you appreciate the lagers of Brewart, the Galaxy rocks on this

• Upvote 1

On 11/09/2020 at 8:49 AM, Barrelboy said:

Well,  will be ready to keg tomorrow- Saturday.put a follow up in a Droid today. 

When it got back to RTK, i was OMW (on my way) so it got bottled this arvo. Will be interesting to see how this comes out given it was four days dry hopping, still this has got me around that 7 or 8 weeks stock which is nice. I think next order I am going to get some stouts and ales going to brew in December and have during winter

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@Rob Courtney @Barrelboy

Just to show that I do pay attention to your reviews, I have added a number of lagers in today's order including this one.

... also decided that as neither of you two are concerned about shipping full kegs, that I've got enough days before the removalists arrive to fire up the Droid this afternoon and get another brew down before heading south. 🥳

1 hour ago, Dustin Frothman said:

@Rob Courtney @Barrelboy

Just to show that I do pay attention to your reviews, I have added a number of lagers in today's order including this one.

... also decided that as neither of you two are concerned about shipping full kegs, that I've got enough days before the removalists arrive to fire up the Droid this afternoon and get another brew down before heading south. 🥳

Fire it up, great stuff.