Lawn Mower Lager

• 4 months later...

Got this one on currently and realised I don’t have any galaxy hops…

anyone else done any good combos for the the lawn mower lager? I’ve got centennial, simcoe, cascade azacca, el dorado and Idaho 7 in stock currently.

• 3 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, Captain 3 Droids said:

What did you end up doing? 
Just put in the Droid today, will dry hop day 6 with 15g Galaxy and 25g Idaho 7

Yep I went pretty close to my thoughts, I used about 25g of Idaho and 15g of azacca, it’s a ripper

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Dry hopped 20 galaxy, 10 citra.

Had an interesting conversation with the Brewshop guy today. I was looking at his hops wall and he asked was I looking for anything in particular and I said I was just trying to see if he had stock of some of the different hops varieties I have heard about on here in the last month.

He laughed and said there are so many hops varieties now it is impossible to stock them all. He said that when he started this shop 20 years ago, there were 5 varities of hops, the same with grains. When I told him that 20 years on, he only stocks six varieties of Hops...he told me to piss off.

He has 7

It's kinda funny though when you guys go off on hops tangents and I'm like...

saaz.jpg

Edited by Rob Courtney
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Rob Courtney said:

Dry hopped 20 galaxy, 10 citra.

Had an interesting conversation with the Brewshop guy today. I was looking at his hops wall and he asked was I looking for anything in particular and I said I was just trying to see if he had stock of some of the different hops varieties I have heard about on here in the last month.

He laughed and said there are so many hops varieties now it is impossible to stock them all. He said that when he started this shop 20 years ago, there were 5 varities of hops, the same with grains. When I told him that 20 years on, he only stocks six varieties of Hops...he told me to piss off.

He has 7

It's kinda funny though when you guys go off on hops tangents and I'm like...

saaz.jpg

Yes 20 yrs ago the home brew world was certainly something different. The quality and variety in ingredients now available is very much improved as is the equipment available. 
Thanks to companies like Coopers who have done so much for the home brewer. They saw there was a big market for simpler home brewing other than all grain. 
I think the choice of hops now has opened up a whole new world in experimentation and potential of top brew outcomes. I’ve got heaps of varieties to which I’ll whittle down to a top 20. To which in another thread I’ll start a top ten hop list.

• Upvote 2

Yeah it is interesting and a bit to explore. I reckon given my location, my choices will be a little constrained but if I ask the Brewshop guy to get something he will if he can. I have lost a lot of faith of hops via ebay, I just don't think the quality is outstanding on them and can notice it in the brews

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Long week, long day, just realxing with a couple of stubbies on a day when I am not drinking ( 2 obviously does not count...anything short of a bender could be ignored) but having my second one of these 4 and a bit weeks in and Citra makes a massive difference to this beer but a very positive difference.

Guess I have to see where Citra takes the Summer Ale now too...

• Upvote 1