Lawn Mower Lager

28 minutes ago, Rob Courtney said:

I wanna try a bit of a different slant on "Robs special brew" too though this time I'll muck around with hops profiles on a pilsner/lager 

“Rob’s Special Brew” ( where recipe can be found) became “Rob’s Special Golden Lager”

Edited by Captain 3 Droids

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Finally able to sit down and drink one of these. 8 weeks in and just delicious, Galaxy hops shining through.

I say finally because I had some Thai food tonight and there are chefs that can cook Thai and there are those who struggle...and I got a struggler. The key to cooking a hot dish is to balance the heat and the flavour...so you think " eff me that's hot but so nice, I can't stop eating it" wheras tonight all I had was the taste of the chilli overpowers everything else to the point I could have just ordered a few chillis.

At least this is making up for it

IMG_0045.jpg

7 hours ago, Rob Courtney said:

Finally able to sit down and drink one of these. 8 weeks in and just delicious, Galaxy hops shining through.

I say finally because I had some Thai food tonight and there are chefs that can cook Thai and there are those who struggle...and I got a struggler. The key to cooking a hot dish is to balance the heat and the flavour...so you think " eff me that's hot but so nice, I can't stop eating it" wheras tonight all I had was the taste of the chilli overpowers everything else to the point I could have just ordered a few chillis.

At least this is making up for it

IMG_0045.jpg

Nice looking drop.
(correct me if I’m wrong but chilli dishes should be like a top whiskey, warms you up from the inside and not burn your palate and tongue to that of crackling)

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Captain 3 Droids said:

Nice looking drop.
(correct me if I’m wrong but chilli dishes should be like a top whiskey, warms you up from the inside and not burn your palate and tongue to that of crackling)

Yeah it is just the balancing act of having the heat dance on your tongue, you are more than aware that it is bloody hot but the flavour of the dish is strong enough to compensate. So sort of " oh my god that is hot, num, num, num, but sooooo good, I can't stop eating it, I'll regret this when it comes out", where this was "meh, all I can taste is chilli".

I mean, the Butter Chicken recipe I put on here is reasonably hot but you go "hot, sweet, buttery, creamy, sweet, hot" you get a bunch of flavours, when it is just one flavour a dish becomes boring...unless it's chips and gravy...always an exception to the rule

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Rob Courtney said:

In saying this, the beer itself was just sensational last night, finished 3 longnecks and really had to stop myself from going for a 4th ( it was 1.30am)

It is hard, it’s like “I’ll have a couple before lunch” and lunch ends up being combined with dinner.

However the Lawn Mower is such a moorish lager.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 12/12/2020 at 6:00 PM, Rob Courtney said:

Will have to try Citra hops to see what they are like, although my Galaxy addiction is pretty bad...

I’m rotating this brew under my “cunning plan” and boy as I’ve said all along this is a top early drinker, 3 weeks in, cracked the keg and wow. Hop with Galaxy, not sure I’ll change/experiment8F08912D-667C-4ADA-9052-FEE4C405DE82.thumb.jpeg.54cd554d3933b3674cc63f055ba8d7f8.jpeg with this one?

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

15 days in, last beer of the night and I have drunk some cracking beers tonight but geez this stands out even though it needs a bit more time (I'd happily drink all the keg tonight though).

Absolute gun brew, as said previously, I only bought this as it was a lager, buggered the brew up and was stunned how good it was

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...