Coopers pale Ale

Rob Courtney

2 minutes ago, Captain 3 Droids said:

Yes there are a number of brews that state EOF after 6 days. Your holding for an extra 2 days has sound reasoning.

It's not unexpected, I guess I'm just impressed that the yeast can work that quickly.

Either way the hops still need another day or so in there so the usual extra 2 days will work out nicely.

• 1 month later...

FD7FD4FD-9486-4C63-B807-4689786E16EC.thumb.jpeg.aaa73a9aebfb5132270dc3ad7487792d.jpeg

Overflow bottle at 31 days secondary.

I tried a dregs bottle last week and it wasn’t great … but it was literally the dregs bottle.

This is really good. The hop mix is nice. It could perhaps do with a bit more body but I’ll reserve that judgement until I try the kegs.

Based on this taster I’d definitely brew again.

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Dustin Frothman said:

Most beers really.

Have you brewed this before with the recommended hop schedule as per the spreadsheet?

Yes, did the Cascade and Challenger, wasn't for me to be honest. It wasn't like it was bad, just not my style.

I usually do a mixture of Cascade and Galaxy in various quantities which comes out alright for my liking but this being Galaxy heavy, it is what a Furphy would want to be if you get my drift

3 hours ago, Rob Courtney said:

Drinks really well, not sure what the ratio was of Galaxy to Cascade but the Galaxy is the winner. Fair to say that this would go a treat with 50gms of Galaxy in it

GetAttachmentThumbnail?id=AQMkADAwATYwMAItOWY5MC1hYQA0ZC0wMAItMDAKAEYAAAPQ5uX2p1mvQKaHqXmXBljbBwDf3wB48UC%2FrUK1A%2BiU130mEQAAAgEMAAAA398AePFAv61CtQPolNd9JhEABWl8Xv4AAAABEgAQAHxnRmyOePZJnsmx%2BBD2bU8%3D&thumbnailType=2&isc=1&token=eyJhbGciOiJSUzI1NiIsImtpZCI6IjMwODE3OUNFNUY0QjUyRTc4QjJEQjg5NjZCQUY0RUNDMzcyN0FFRUUiLCJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJ4NXQiOiJNSUY1emw5TFV1ZUxMYmlXYTY5T3pEY25ydTQifQ.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.NDy2NqdU9hJ9w9orgcpJve12244EYCgWcasPtbuNInnkHjbJFvETt6pFdiBmbrdVlgguuEY4OoYeipOA2xMUbEG4PAZC0g85hQRXzuljdbv6l9awq568DfjuY-MeF7inHMgyEVDXRItnhAiIcBcroiyjOVmz1UoJXBdFs3qKqosPC18MlodegnsCPOUNr9Cn8Z4HjANRalwMs_7wIM-7pU7uLuCiFx9WqmnUo90yNfNFVEj4sRKCZXAcNHrCB5LEhAIgrIb_2DW6kLSKb4Qq2zi1Rifz4dlvZQlD8MQszAhm2xSaJZOkRkCMhDCYAiNPI8PAHEnQiu9JK5GULkvDEg&X-OWA-CANARY=PblRyUOoJUevmqKa-a6pd-BLFayJetkYoluWY6TokOS6zCeI5rsCIDBgf2voqkTnHzvKvbryLK4.&owa=outlook.live.com&scriptVer=20210913004.06&animation=true

2 hours ago, Dustin Frothman said:

Most beers really.

Have you brewed this before with the recommended hop schedule as per the spreadsheet?

The attachment doesn't work

Still going on the first keg. I reckon I'd place this one fairly high in my top 10.

For the budget minded, even with the extra hops and the Brewart Primers (I prefer the taste and carbonation you get with these), you're looking around $22 for 10 litres.

You might save a few bucks if you bottle or force carbonate but as @Captain 3 Droids mentioned in another post - if you're paying between 8 and 12 bucks for a schooner/pint at the local then this one is a no brainer and will arguably be a fresher beer too.

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
42 minutes ago, Rob Courtney said:

Got my hands on some Pride of Ringwood Hops when I did some Hop shopping on Tuesday, going to go traditional on this one next time and also use it in an Aussie Premium to make a Crownie clone...but obviously better than what Crown Lager is now

Good move with the Pride of Ringwood, covers quite a number of the aroma and taste profiles. Have 100g that haven’t used/opened yet. Will certainly give it a go.

I put the first keg of Coopers Pale into the kegerator this morning in preparation for the weekend. My wife was so sad that her NEIPA foamed out last night. "When are you making it again?" 

I really love the Coopers Pale Ale as a base recipe. So cheap and versatile and just makes a great (not too heavy) beer that goes well with almost anything.

I'll do my Coopers Pale Ale wort can next when both Droids are available as the target will be 20L in the fermenters. Might do one as a NEIPA with some oats and the other the hoppy pale ale I mentioned in an earlier post.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

On 7/1/22 at 12:25 PM, Dustin Frothman said:

I really love the Coopers Pale Ale as a base recipe. So cheap and versatile and just makes a great (not too heavy) beer that goes well with almost anything.

Agree, in the Droid today (6.30am before the heat). Will be dry hopping on day 4 with 20g ea Pride of Ringwood and Sequoia. Should be good?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 25/11/19 at 7:36 PM, Darran Haynes said:

Ok just popped in at my new favourite shop (Brewmart) & grabbed 100g's of Chinook, Amarillo & Cluster hops to experiment with plus a hop nylon mesh bag.  Not sure how I'm going to use them yet but it's a start I guess 🤪😇

I know it was a while back but can you recall what you used and the result?

• 1 month later...

So, with my last two brews of the last order, was going to make a Stone and Wood Pacific and a Czech but noticed I was one E5 short, so it's a Pale Ale (one of the things I love about Brewart). Pretty sure I'll hop with Pride of Ringwood to see how that goes. Added that hop combo to my Aus premium a week or two back, the taster before I bottled was really good, much better  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, Rob Courtney said:

8 weeks in now, I know that the base for this print is really a great base, it is hard to stuff it up (I have though, it's a talent). I hopped this with 20gms of Ringwood, maybe 25 but pretty sure 20, either way I was trying to go traditional on this and make it a true reflection of the original beer.

Not far off, maybe needs a couple of more weeks, maybe four to reach that point. Still, pretty darn nice, hard to judge because I get some crap pints of the original poured where I live. If I am to compare this to the abomonation I got poured at my cricket presentation then my beer has it covered by a stretch but a good, poured glass (not plastic cup with a bread burger pint), maybe it has some more development left.

I'd like to say "that is the hops you should brew this with" and it is a really good choice but as I said, this print is a really good base.

IMG_0879.jpg

Great minds!

I cracked the 2nd keg of mine tonight.

30g Challenger & 30g Cascade

4 months conditioning and this is now just perfect.

82DE4969-37DF-40F7-857F-C9B03818B293.jpeg

• Upvote 2