Purchased Beers

On 31/12/2023 at 7:51 AM, Rob Courtney said:

12%....I think my Coopers Vintage is a mean brew and that is 9, maybe 10%...and it is mean.

Had a quiet opportunity to share one of these with my bride yesterday evening, and it is everything we remembered. My first impression is an overwhelming sense of balance; this beer has so much going on - fruity, malty, hoppy - but nothing really gets too pushy. It has a refreshing effervescence and a dry finish, which belie the 12% potency. Most will never encounter this beer anywhere, even if searched for, but if you ever do find it, spend whatever it takes and enjoy, you won't regret it.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Steve Gyldenvand said:

Had a quiet opportunity to share one of these with my bride yesterday evening, and it is everything we remembered. My first impression is an overwhelming sense of balance; this beer has so much going on - fruity, malty, hoppy - but nothing really gets too pushy. It has a refreshing effervescence and a dry finish, which belie the 12% potency. Most will never encounter this beer anywhere, even if searched for, but if you ever do find it, spend whatever it takes and enjoy, you won't regret it.

Mike Myers Wayne Campbell GIF - Mike Myers Wayne Campbell It Will Be Mine GIFs

• Haha 2

• 4 weeks later...

Sampled (extensively) at Rio Lobo along with our usual Friday night pizza, the Hopry Hazy from Yazoo Brewing in Tennessee is a double-dry-hopped New England IPA, featuring Citra, Galaxy, Bravo, and Amarillo hops. It went extremely well with the February pizza special, pepperoni, mozzarella, red sauce, red pepper flakes, and a drizzle of honey on their thin brick-oven crust. 

IMG_5087.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1