Purchased Beers

Yep, it's OK, Id prefer it to Carlton Dry, the mid strength version is probably one of the better mids I have tried. I first tried it in QLD with my Brother in Law at one of those leagues clubs ( should be some of these in SA) it was the day before his wedding, we had spent all day at the Go Kart track, come back there and Imperial Pints for $4. 

Not sure it is worth cloning but

• Upvote 1

Well speaking of coincidences, lad came round with a 6 pack of the Great Northern , low bitterness “Super Crisp” 3.5% cans. Better than water?? Very watery imo, but in fairness sitting outside in our regular heatwaves this could be the go, icy cold though. I know some that love it, perhaps, no we droid brews are spoilt.

5 hours ago, Barrelboy said:

Well speaking of coincidences, lad came round with a 6 pack of the Great Northern , low bitterness “Super Crisp” 3.5% cans. Better than water?? Very watery imo, but in fairness sitting outside in our regular heatwaves this could be the go, icy cold though. I know some that love it, perhaps, no we droid brews are spoilt.

I think it is an indictment on brews these days that people will say "well it isn't as bad as..." and not name 1 but maybe 15 brews.

• 2 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, Paul84 said:

Cheers to everyone on the start of a new years eve , i am off shift so starting my wind down. This is a purchased beer i actually really like , would enjoy being able to make a clone of this 🤤

20191231_054526.jpg

Same to you and enjoy your break. Rob being a cricketer himself (I think is about being “bowled over” in the bar) might like that one.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Barrelboy said:

While your away I look up a few things, do you prefer a tin version or the use of Brewprint ingredients?

Ive never really played much with tins , but would give it a go. Id say I prefer brewprint ingredients jusr for ease 🙂 . Interested to see what you think could go together 🙂

1 hour ago, Paul84 said:

Ive never really played much with tins , but would give it a go. Id say I prefer brewprint ingredients jusr for ease 🙂 . Interested to see what you think could go together 🙂

Brewart ingredients it will be Sir. (Your right, easier. I just have 7 tins from previous stocks to use up in Droud B)

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Barrelboy said:

Brewart ingredients it will be Sir. (Your right, easier. I just have 7 tins from previous stocks to use up in Droud B)

Well everything that goes into the droid has to be ordered for me , so if cans is easier for you go for it lol. Just would have to get the hang of avoiding mess scraping out the tin lol

24 minutes ago, Paul84 said:

Well everything that goes into the droid has to be ordered for me , so if cans is easier for you go for it lol. Just would have to get the hang of avoiding mess scraping out the tin lol

No the cans aren’t easier it’s just the stock I had/have before I bought my first droid. Once they are used up it will be brewart ingredients for nearly every brew, may do a can special every now and again?

Well I just unpacked my big box of ingredients that arrived yesterday. Looking forward to putting a brew on... this afternoon maybe 😄 . Only hard thing is once I am back to work on days i wont have time to keg/bottle until shift change. So will just have to sit in storage . Do you cold crash often Mark? 

9 minutes ago, Paul84 said:

Well I just unpacked my big box of ingredients that arrived yesterday. Looking forward to putting a brew on... this afternoon maybe 😄 . Only hard thing is once I am back to work on days i wont have time to keg/bottle until shift change. So will just have to sit in storage . Do you cold crash often Mark? 

I don’t cold crash at all, can’t really see the point with these recipes. However note when the brew goes to keg you have 48hrs before it goes to storage. When it goes to storage you can manually put it back to keg mode and it will stay there. However if you miss out due to work and it does chill down to the 4C no harm done.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Barrelboy said:

Same to you and enjoy your break. Rob being a cricketer himself (I think is about being “bowled over” in the bar) might like that one.

I'll have to try that one, the lager is alright and I'd buy it if it was on special ( I have a thing against 330ml bottles being 20 for a sixer)

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Rob Courtney said:

I'll have to try that one, the lager is alright and I'd buy it if it was on special ( I have a thing against 330ml bottles being 20 for a sixer)

Well until i got the droid i was spending around 50 bucks on 6 beers lol , so cant complain with 20 bucks . But yes beer these days is starting to get Exxy . This is why I am pursuing 17 dollar cartons 😉

3 minutes ago, Paul84 said:

I was heading to a local bottle shop who paraded all the small batch craft stuff. 10% beers arent cheap apparently lol . Was nice beers . But i am enjoying nice beers now for a fraction of the price lol 

Kind of feel bad coz I live in a small town that lives on Emu Export so a bottle shop that was catering for craft deserved business. But havent been there for a bit now though lol 

• 4 weeks later...
On 31/12/2019 at 10:14 AM, Barrelboy said:

Cricketers Pale Ale Brewprint clone suggestion.

Heres an attempt, will make a good ale in any event.

2 x E1, 1 x E5, 1 x X1, 1 x X3, 1 x H1 to be added at start, in water before the yeast etc.

At end of fermentation 1 x H3, 1 x H5. Y1 yeast

Ale mode on droid.

If you do it I’ll be interested in your review and comparison. Note. If not to your liking then “I know nothing...”

• 1 month later...