Purchased Beers

So anyways, out at lunch today, had some really nice dumplings and some even better Pork buns but I had one of the KI Brewery Pale Ales whilst I was eating. A rather good imitation of the one I make to be honest ( The Brewart Cooper Pale is very good). Still, not worth 24 a 4 pack but...

Anyways, back to Adelaide tomorrow for the day and then back to my precious beers on Friday :)

• Upvote 1

I find most beers are ever worth the tag now once i start trying some of the beers i can turn out. I no longer buy my daily driver cartons and even my weekend "craft sixer" is now more a 3 pack and thats if it taken my fancy , or its an oak aged east coast IPA ( next weekend drinking 😄

• Upvote 2

On 22/07/2020 at 8:57 PM, Rob Courtney said:

So anyways, out at lunch today, had some really nice dumplings and some even better Pork buns but I had one of the KI Brewery Pale Ales whilst I was eating. A rather good imitation of the one I make to be honest ( The Brewart Cooper Pale is very good). Still, not worth 24 a 4 pack but...

Anyways, back to Adelaide tomorrow for the day and then back to my precious beers on Friday :)

Ugggggggggh, so this is the story.

Firstly...seriously, if you go to KI, go to Cactus and get the Pork buns and dumplings. In another life, I would have had 4-6 Pales and 8 Pork Buns and two serves of dumplings...I wouldn't have been able to move after but I would have eaten it all.

So, get back on Thursday, shopping in Adelaide and dinner at the Lenzerheide ( very nice restaurant, modern Euro/Australian) where I had a "Goodstein" or something lager which reminded me of canned homebrew but obviously nicer. Kids were well behaved and are all " That's our standard" the little buggers now when it comes to eating out.

Plan was today, Central Market and out of Adelaide, home by three. Wife tries to start the car this morning, did not sound good, like flat battery not good. I get her to move try and car starts, so we do the 15 minute thing, park and go to Central Market and get some food. ( Central Market is a big undercover market in the mifdle of Adelaide with fresh food, fruit and veg)

Wife starts driving up the freeway and the battery light goes on...and she asks whether that is a good or bad thing...I explain it is indeed an effing bad thing and say if we are really really lucky, the battery is old and won't take a charge. She asks what if we aren't that lucky...and I have to say to her, it is the alternator, it is dead and at 15 years, it probably will be and we likely only have enough power in the battery to get half way home before the battery conks out. My wife, the leadfoot then asks "what if we drove home at 220k per hour, would we make it?".

Bless her, she is the one person outside of a proper race car driver that I would feel comfortable driving at that speed but we would get caught and when they saw we had kids in the car, there would be trouble.

So I got her to pull in to Mount Barker and we at least made it there and the mechnic had a look, my mind was going "please don't be the alternator, please don't be the alternator...I know it is the alterntor" and the mechanic said "mate, the alternator has died"

Long story short $1100 later, there were other bits i wanted replaced, plus the battery was 8 years old, had to replace it so I wasn't stuck in the middle of nowhere with a great alternator and a battery which wasn't accepting charge...nice end to the holiday.   

• Thanks 2

Mate i dont envy you.  My next few seasons i wanna tour around the pilbara and everything is either hard to get or expensive so i went down the pathway of a new car , so fingers crossed no alternator trouble for me . Sounds like a good trip until that point though 

• 3 months later...
3 hours ago, Captain 3 Droids said:

Not so sure however can’t comment unless you tried. I note the Pumkin is 8% and the Rock Juice at 10%. Unless you sip, the night could be quite short lived.

740A128E-8FDC-4192-A2FB-7ACA7911D0E7.jpeg.7ec098c04b0eeaa1ae7619af3aa104f5.jpeg

Haha yep short lived and still expensive night . I usually have something like the Rock juice or the high abv beers as a treat . Then daily drivers after that 

• 5 months later...

So got some of these yesterday and they did not upset. First tasting notes were citrusy almost bitter from the hops , very hop heavy, but a nice honey base from the malts , was a good beverages and look forward to finishing them...

@BrewArt Team, wont complain if these and the Hazy make it as a brewprint

20210421_174233.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Paul84 said:

So got some of these yesterday and they did not upset. First tasting notes were citrusy almost bitter from the hops , very hop heavy, but a nice honey base from the malts , was a good beverages and look forward to finishing them...

20210421_174233.jpg

Is there a BrewPrint recipe you’d put it close too?

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Paul84 said:

20210421_174233.jpg

Very nice mate!

I didn’t manage to get any on draught around Adelaide last weekend but just saw that my favourite city pub has it now.

I’m sort of moving house over this weekend and have the in-laws visiting too. Somehow I need to find a way to sneak out for a couple.

• Haha 1

That beer looks the goods man.  Can is even pretty.  🙂

Now THIS boys is the best damn beer I’ve ever drank.   

so much so that I chased around and found a mangrove jacks brew bag that o split between two droids.   

a little worried about what I see floating in droid number two only after a day... looks like little balls of something.   Hoping it’s the wander LME powder...

anyone see anything like it?

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

2A22B8BD-CDD6-4C69-84AB-EB4287EC81A6.jpeg

47 minutes ago, J P said:

a little worried about what I see floating in droid number two only after a day... looks like little balls of something.   Hoping it’s the wander LME powder...

anyone see anything like it?

Should be a nice drop. The “floaties” are little clumps of malt, the yeast will eat them no worries.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Captain 3 Droids said:

Is there a BrewPrint recipe you’d put it close too?

Not off the top of my head. Plus i havent tried some of the new supercharged hop brews. I am having some more now. They are agreeing with me 🤣. Gonna have to buy some Vic secret , havent hopped with these yet 

16190846132843218734700534280505.jpg

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Captain 3 Droids said:

Should be a nice drop. The “floaties” are little clumps of malt, the yeast will eat them no worries.

Thank you C3D for the reassurance mate. I’ll let the yeast do it’s thang and calm down.   🙂.  

Speaking of BIG HOPS these garage project boys are some Wellington boys nailing some serious hoppy wonders.   

im happy to report i like the Amarillo mosaic combo more than the simcoe citra.  

glad to have done a bit of “research” for collective knowledge.   Gotta do something keep me pressing the LED droid button hoping those clumps of fermentable sugar are done justice by the US West Coast M44 yeast...  what am I becoming?! C3D and Brewart you’ve created a MONSTA!!! 😈🤣

image.jpg

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, J P said:

Thank you C3D for the reassurance mate. I’ll let the yeast do it’s thang and calm down.   🙂.  

Speaking of BIG HOPS these garage project boys are some Wellington boys nailing some serious hoppy wonders.   

im happy to report i like the Amarillo mosaic combo more than the simcoe citra.  

glad to have done a bit of “research” for collective knowledge.   Gotta do something keep me pressing the LED droid button hoping those clumps of fermentable sugar are done justice by the US West Coast M44 yeast...  what am I becoming?! C3D and Brewart you’ve created a MONSTA!!! 😈🤣

image.jpg

If you enjoy big hoppy beers you really should try Sierra Nevada’s Dankful IPA. Probably one of the best IPAs I’ve tried. I’d be keen to replicate something like that.

• Upvote 1