Jump to content

Purchased Beers


Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, J P said:

You could. But grab the Amarillo and mosaic too

If they are still there I will. Was a few weeks ago when i last saw them there. NW Liquor is a smaller bottle shop and dont hold heaps of stock in the craft range. But I do help them move through their stock when i head there

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Paul84 said:

If they are still there I will. Was a few weeks ago when i last saw them there. NW Liquor is a smaller bottle shop and dont hold heaps of stock in the craft range. But I do help them move through their stock when i head there

Excuse my ignorance but Id have thought Pt Headland would have a thriving bottle shop and hotel. I understand a mining community, whats the population?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Captain 3 Droids said:

Excuse my ignorance but Id have thought Pt Headland would have a thriving bottle shop and hotel. I understand a mining community, whats the population?

Hedland has a thriving Beer industry, we have 7 bottle shops and 4 pubs that serve everything from Great Northern, to XXXX and Bush Chooks. Thirsty camel has Colonials and BWS tries, but only North West Caters to the Discerning Gentlemen. Sam gets in all the small batch beers ( and some not small batch ) . Population of around 15k including the surrounding communities last I heard

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Paul84 said:

Hedland has a thriving Beer industry, we have 7 bottle shops and 4 pubs that serve everything from Great Northern, to XXXX and Bush Chooks. Thirsty camel has Colonials and BWS tries, but only North West Caters to the Discerning Gentlemen. Sam gets in all the small batch beers ( and some not small batch ) . Population of around 15k including the surrounding communities last I heard

Sometimes the smaller regional centres have the best range as they often have an enthusiastic and captive market.

I hear there's a craft brewery in Alice Springs now. Where was that when I was living there!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yeah we are getting a microbrewery coming to town shortly . They are just in the process of setting up their venue. Karratha has a few options as well, not just KFC (running joke in Hedland is thats the usual reason for visiting... or if you go down there for something important like the Doctors there is a mandatory 21piece bucket tax to leave town)

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Paul84 said:

Yeah we are getting a microbrewery coming to town shortly . They are just in the process of setting up their venue. Karratha has a few options as well, not just KFC (running joke in Hedland is thats the usual reason for visiting... or if you go down there for something important like the Doctors there is a mandatory 21piece bucket tax to leave town)

Microbrewery, will piss the bottle shops off a bit if they produce quality beers at realistic prices.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Captain 3 Droids said:

Microbrewery, will piss the bottle shops off a bit if they produce quality beers at realistic prices.

Wont be realistic prices . And i think it should be ok, some of the pubs here really need a face lift and brought up to todays standards. Plus all the pubs have a unique spin on them. Esplanade ( more a hotel with a beer garden) has grass and very "how you do" . Heddie has water to overlook ( and supposedly new management is making a huge deck to look at it instead of road and spinefex). The Walky is a mix of a workers bar and has a massive kids play centre out the back , good for when you dont wanna parent but still want to enjoy a beverage. The Last Chance is exactly that , the last chance to be in a bar before you have been kicked out of all of them, usually rougher community hang in there.

I envision the new brewery will be a popular lunch , afternoon session place, just hope they dont put it in a dumb spot ( ill find out today when i go buy some weekend beers from Sam)

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Paul84 said:

not just KFC (running joke in Hedland is thats the usual reason for visiting... or if you go down there for something important like the Doctors there is a mandatory 21piece bucket tax to leave town)

In the northern NT and Kimberley, KFC isflown into remote communities in light aeroplanes.

Edited by Dustin Frothman
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Dustin Frothman said:

In the northern NT and Kimberley, KFC isflown into remote communities in light aeroplanes.

I would charter a plane for this reason . Its funny because I would eat KFC every day ( before i actually eat it ) . Afterwards there is nothing further on my mind.

Its the ultimate wankfood

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Paul84 said:

Wont be realistic prices . And i think it should be ok, some of the pubs here really need a face lift and brought up to todays standards. Plus all the pubs have a unique spin on them. Esplanade ( more a hotel with a beer garden) has grass and very "how you do" . Heddie has water to overlook ( and supposedly new management is making a huge deck to look at it instead of road and spinefex). The Walky is a mix of a workers bar and has a massive kids play centre out the back , good for when you dont wanna parent but still want to enjoy a beverage. The Last Chance is exactly that , the last chance to be in a bar before you have been kicked out of all of them, usually rougher community hang in there.

I envision the new brewery will be a popular lunch , afternoon session place, just hope they dont put it in a dumb spot ( ill find out today when i go buy some weekend beers from Sam)

Fingers crossed that you get something good.

I'm torn between a really good pub and a micro brewery. Some micros are awesome like Big Shed here in Adelaide, and some start out great and then get greedy and lose the plot like Pirate Life here and Brewdog in Brisbane. They get so big that you may as well be at Sizzler or Dreamworld with expensive beers.

When it's like that I'd rather just go to a nice pub that has a good range of well cared for beers, attentive staff and a pleasant atmosphere.

Edited by Dustin Frothman
  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
17 minutes ago, Rob Courtney said:

When I was at my brothers house for Xmas he had a few Grolsch swingtops that he was drinking (yes I brought them home) and I tried one as I used to think they were really good back in pre Brewart days. Time maybe made them a bit bette thsn they were but gee, a bit expensive for what they are

Great for bottling though.

Cheers

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Create New...