Purchased Beers

Yeah but I can get it up here for free if I do an order from Man Durphy's 🤣

Interestingly, "cheap" beer isn't much less so you're much better off getting the nicer stuff!

There's a funny story about Bamaga (the nearest community on the mainland) that goes around pretty often. It has an alcohol management plan with limits on how much alcohol you can possess at a time, and the only place you can get beer is the one pub. So 4WD tourists on the way to the tip all line up to buy their slab, and the bloke behind the bar says "right, 1 carton of XXXX, $95" and the tourist says "whoo that's a bit steep" so the barman puts the beer back under the carton and says "allright you can go somewhere else then". The tourist inevitable changes his tune but the barman declares " too late, it's not for sale any more, it's gone" and the rest of the line shut up and pay the money without complaint.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

On 10/01/2022 at 4:00 PM, Gillies Brewing said:

Finally 36hrs out of a course of 3 antibiotics and I can enjoy a drink again. It's been criminal in this weather, on holidays and no beer allowed all week.

Anyway it's  been raining all afternoon and it's not too hot but since it stopped all the rain has evaporated and its about 120% humidity. I'm out of nice beer but luckily this weather calls for my stash of "party beer" - cheap 500mL cans of inoffensive European "Premium Lager". Today in the fridge I had Royal Dutch which is a bit lower alcohol than most in the category, but has a nice smooth beer that sends lots of malt up your nose, light bitterness on your tongue and puts beer down your throat. Very refreshing. Might walk down to the beach and try to catch a squid after this.

Snapchat-761100729.thumb.jpg.a50290ee084fd934439cf821578f155d.jpg

Dude i actually really enjoy the Royal Dutch. For the price and volume you cant lose. Plus a tasty beverage 😁

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Paul84 said:

Dude i actually really enjoy the Royal Dutch. For the price and volume you cant lose. Plus a tasty beverage 😁

It's very smooth and easy to drink lots of enjoyably 🙂 especially on a hot day. I think I wouldn't mind them on a cold day either...

Just not some people on this forum's cuppa tea, but that's ok it's not my favourite either.

On 15/01/2022 at 1:28 PM, Wazza_wantsbeer said:

One excellent beer and one absolutely brilliant beer.

Excellent...

20220115_141930.thumb.jpg.64a3709364e953477b957e2df5af9e84.jpg

BRILLIANT...!!!

20220115_161633.thumb.jpg.b8f77a69b43c27b64f929ce61ede9c8c.jpg

Garage Project, best brewery in the Southern Hemisphere!

I do agree with @Dustin Frothman, so many good Breweries this side of the ditch. GP is great ,but so is Beerfarm or Balter ( 2 best Hazys going ) . One Drop is going Gangbusters ... enjoying a Imperial Nitro Pastry Stout now lol . And there Imperial Cherry Sour is killer too. I have just done a South West tour and hit up so many great breweries ( Beerfarm, Shelter, Cheeky Monkey,Rocky Ridge, Tall Timbers, Artisan Ale, Boston Brewery, Wilson Brewery, and hopefully Bremer Bay Brewery tomorrow 😁

Edited by Paul84
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Gillies Brewing said:

It's very smooth and easy to drink lots of enjoyably 🙂 especially on a hot day. I think I wouldn't mind them on a cold day either...

Just not some people on this forum's cuppa tea, but that's ok it's not my favourite either.

To be honest its my brother that got me onto them. I cant get them where i live . But every christmas we have a decent session on them.  So maybe nostalgia wins for me . But yeah i agree very sessionable , and a good summer drink 

• Like 1

The first bottle I grabbed out was the half full dregs bottle so yeah, that wasn't the best. The Session I have is at 6 weeks (second bottle) so has some improving to do. Both have positives and negatives  but I find my one has a stronger hops taste (50gms) but the Ella makes it a slightly different taste to the original.

In saying that though, it was intersting to see what I produce does stack up, good mouthfeel, good flavours. If I was going for a clone of Session, then no, it isn't a clone but if I was looking at it from both being in Headmasters ( which my second stubbie is) then it is pretty close. Would be worth keeping a can of the sixer over (if I can) for another couple of weeks and then try it again

• Like 2

Here’s the interesting bit:-

The original BrewPrint Coopers Session Ale used 2x E5, 2 xX1, Y2, and 2 x H6 Galaxy.

The name change to Coopers Pacific Ale same ingredients except the hops, on 1 x D7 Galaxy. (Does this mean that 2 liquid hop sachets = 1 x 25g pellets?)

No the Coopers Session Ale can version halved for 10l uses 12g Galaxy and 7.5g mosaic both steeped and added at the beginning then the same amount dry hopped.

4 minutes ago, Captain 3 Droids said:

Here’s the interesting bit:-

The original BrewPrint Coopers Session Ale used 2x E5, 2 xX1, Y2, and 2 x H6 Galaxy.

The name change to Coopers Pacific Ale same ingredients except the hops, on 1 x D7 Galaxy. (Does this mean that 2 liquid hop sachets = 1 x 25g pellets?)

No the Coopers Session Ale can version halved for 10l uses 12g Galaxy and 7.5g mosaic both steeped and added at the beginning then the same amount dry hopped.

Hmmmm, Galaxy and Mosiac...that'd be sweet.

What does the technique steeped and added mean?

I have a stone and lager pacific to do and was thinking given i have 10gms of Citra left to do 20/10 mix with Galaxy

1 minute ago, Captain 3 Droids said:

Steeped is to add boiled water to the hops and leave for usually 20mins. I use a dedicated coffee plunger however a hop bag is fine. 
“Added” is to pour the steeped hop liquid into the droid with the 10l of water.

so do that before the yeast and ingredients?

Interesting

3 minutes ago, Captain 3 Droids said:

Yes. It will add aroma/flavour and some bitterness 

Bloody hell, another room unlocked, now I need to do that for a few brews and then see in a couple of months whether  it works/don't work on lagers but does work in ales

will give it a go as 10 and 5 galaxy citra steeping and then the same on EOF on the S&W. 

Really have to get myself 100gms of Mosiac though, looking at my Citra bounty thinking "wish it was mosiac"

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...