Long Ngo

It is so difficult to connect a keg liner

Hi everyone,

I have done 3 batches with BeerDroid and found that it is really difficult for me to fit a keg liner into a liner connector. It is not as simple and effortless as shown in Brewart 101 video below.

Does anyone else have the same problem or I just got some faulty parts?

Thanks

Edited by Long Ngo

18 minutes ago, Long Ngo said:

Hi everyone,

I have done 3 batches with BeerDroid and found that it is really difficult for me to fit a keg liner into a liner connector. It is not as simple and effortless as shown in Brewart 101 video below.

Thanks

Hi Long NGO, Mark here and welcome to the forum. I don’t use the Beerflo keg system and therefore can’t help you much however a regular, Rob should be on soon and he’s up to speed with the units.

What styles do you enjoy and how have your other brews been?

14 hours ago, Long Ngo said:

Hi everyone,

Thanks

Will tag this to BrewArt Tech, Liam will sort it out for you.

@BrewArtTech

I just tried to screw as much as I could without cross threading. Some kegs look OK now, some have leaks. There was one keg that I could screw tightly but then I ended up breaking the liner.

I am surprised no one has talked about this before :)

8 minutes ago, Rob Courtney said:

Video up from me on how to do it

Thread “Keg liner cap onto Keg liner video”

I discovered a bit of a trick when kegging today. I've learnt a lot from everyone's videos and reckon I've got the keg liner cap to keg liner technique down, so much so that when I connected the first one so quickly on the first attempt today that I thought I must have made a mistake. After a very careful inspection it was clear that I'd got it right. Great success!

So onto the second liner and cap and do you reckon I could get it to seat properly? I was actually getting sore hands and starting to work up a bit of a sweat. I can see how others have ended up a bit frustrated at times.

I've got quite a lot of kegs so thought I'd just take a keg liner cap from another box and try that instead. Twist, click, tighten and got it seated first go.

So perhaps sometimes there are just pairings of keg liner caps and liner threads that won't mate nicely. Yes this is less than perfect but we are dealing with injection moulded plastic components and perhaps the manufacturing tolerances are a bit loose.

Anyway, if this tale helps anyone else then it may save you some unnecessary frustration.

🍻

• Upvote 1

I definitely struggled with this on the first couple of kegs, but I have it down now.  It is very tricky and not easy to do, but it definitely can be done.  This appears to be a problem for many people and I do agree that they really need to go back and redesign this part of the system.  They definitely make it look too easy in the video.  🤪

What seems to work for me is to apply a great deal of even pressure on the black bit.  I am pushing it down pretty hard while turning and making sure that it is being kept straight so that you don't cross thread the darn thing.  I watch it very carefully while turning and if it looks like it is not going on straight, I immediately stop and turn it back a bit and adjust the force some on one side or the other to keep it straight.  Once it get's past a certain point, it continues to go on properly.

I hope this helps some.

Edited by Erik Denkers
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1