Ambient Temp

Alan Batchelor

The other thing that is odd is the the graph lines are not there but not surprising based on the graph range  -3561 to +3625.  

When I start the app it briefly shows 100 in "Now" box but quickly disappears. At first I thought it was testing but it's not.

Temp control shows in limits.

Any thoughts @BrewArt Team

~Alan

Hi Mark, no nothing near it. Normal temp to the touch. The Driod seems fine just the app has had a nightmare. I just hope it’s still working fine. I can’t figure out what the issue in the app could be. I checked another phone and repeats the same weird temps. Maybe iOS14 update!

I will let you all know if it fixes itself in the app and if the Driod continues as normal. A bit worried to be honest. I am hoping @BrewArt Team can see something.

~Alan

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Alan Batchelor said:

Yeah But I’ve been testing iOS14 for 2 months with no issues. But that’s not to say something new was introduced in the last few days. Still very puzzled 🤨 

Alan

Yeah who knows?

I don't work in IT anymore but at one time was a tech professional and now operate in an environment where our iOS devices are mission critical. Whenever there is a major update it takes our girls and guys months to stress test all of our apps prior to giving us the go-ahead to update.

Looks like your Droid is working away happily. It's obviously frustrating. Technology is a complex beast.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Yeah Dustin I agree. I do work on IT and had to test for my company. But that was when Beta came out 2 months back and so far it’s been fine. I did keep one device at ios13 so I could monitor the Driod if there was a problem. But the other device took the normal update early in the week so hard for me to confirm if iOS14 is the issue. But you 100% right things can go pear shaped even with all the testing 😀

I am just happy that the Driod seems fine 

Alan 

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Alan Batchelor said:

Yeah Dustin I agree. I do work on IT and had to test for my company.

My condolences. 😂

Just joking. I still do some contract Sys Admin and DB programming as a side gig and with all the turmoil of 2020 I've been quite grateful for the skillset but I'm in no rush to get back into the industry full-time.

I'll stick to learning about beer!

• Haha 1

G 'Day @Alan Batchelor

After we tested the new App and Firmware for months without any issues, so we released the updates. 
Unfortunately there were bugs, which we have fixed. All those display issues will be resolved once you update the Firmware on your BeerDroid to P017. 

Rest assured that the BeerDroid is working exactly as intended, and your beer will be fine. It's just not displaying as intended in the App. 

Cheers

Thank you @BrewArt Team Yes I did indeed forget to update firmware before starting the brew. I had already put in the ingredients when I noticed. I thought best approach was to manually start a brew from the Driod because I heard that was fine and issues only happened when starting from app.

Anyway good to know thank you so much.

Alan

So epic fail on bottling. First pour was a bit cloudy but smelt and tasted great. On to bottling and was slow on first bottle but that happened before. But gradually it came to a grinding halt and tap got blocked with hops. I did add extra 75g but for some reason it blocked the tap. The only thought is the beer started to go to kegging temp late last night. I left over night at keg mode and attempted to bottle first thing this morning. Beer maybe warmed up to much and hops started to float again. When cleaning it do not look like excessive amount of hops. Just can’t work out why the tap got plugged.

As much as I tried I could not recover and ended up dumping. I think it was the best beer I have made also. So only one bottle. 

Sad day 😢

Alan

821D8EDE-6334-4C7A-A09C-E52BA19ACECC.jpeg

Bummer. Did you just throw in the hops or used a hop bag/hop bomb? 
If you just chucked them in loose then the extra 75g was not going to help. If you look at the tap when pulled apart it would not take much to restrict the flow with a bit of hop pellets/debris.

Before you put in another brew, put some water in and test the tap.

It’s a pity you dumped. If it were to happen again I’d place a sanitised plastic fermenter (the old style way) and pour (carefully by tilting the plastic fermenter) the brew into that by removing the Droid tap. Then bottle from plastic fermenter tap of that fermenter. Will be a bit of oxidation but if consumers early (2 - 3 weeks) then would suspect no real harm done.

Hi Mark, I tried everything I could think of to no avail. When I finally got the tap out and checked it was blocked solid. I did throw in loose because that is the idea of the filter. To be honest the first dry hop was similar. Took an age for the first bottle but then went fast. It was the same amount of hops 75g and when I clean it  out it was below the tap. I think I was perhaps unlucky that it sucked in a bunch of hops right away. That said from now on no more than 50g for sure. 
I did get one bottle before it clogged completely. Needless to say I will not be sharing..

The adventures of beer making..

Alan 

1 minute ago, Alan Batchelor said:

Hi Mark, I tried everything I could think of to no avail. When I finally got the tap out and checked it was blocked solid. I did throw in loose because that is the idea of the filter. To be honest the first dry hop was similar. Took an age for the first bottle but then went fast. It was the same amount of hops 75g and when I clean it  out it was below the tap. I think I was perhaps unlucky that it sucked in a bunch of hops right away. That said from now on no more than 50g for sure. 
I did get one bottle before it clogged completely. Needless to say I will not be sharing..

The adventures of beer making..

Alan 

It’s a learning curve, sadly sometimes at the expense of some good brews.

What might help a bit is that I raise the front of the Droid a bit (about 10mm-nearly 1/2”) so it slopes to the back away from the tap. Not much of a angle is needed. I find the sediment then thin at the tap compared to the back. When adding the hops, slowly trickle them down the back wall of the droid.

Cheers, Mark.

Hey Alan,

The pics show a lot of yeast sediment so may be it was a combination of yeast and hops that blocked your tap.

In the bottom of the BeerDroid a thick layer of sediment develops, even though tap is a bit higher a similar layer of sediment ends up in the bottom of the tap. Fitting the bottling valve will slow the flow so increase the chance of sediment blocking things up. So this is what I do.

Before bottling/kegging I flush the sediment from the tap so it doesn't end up in the beer. Put a glass under the tap, open the tap fully and let out about 2/3rds of a cup. Use this to do your smell and taste test as BrewArt recommends so it is not wasted.

It's unfortunate you had to dump the last batch, Better luck next time.

Edited by xpsTech
spelling

10 hours ago, Barrelboy said:

It’s a learning curve, sadly sometimes at the expense of some good brews.

What might help a bit is that I raise the front of the Droid a bit (about 10mm-nearly 1/2”) so it slopes to the back away from the tap. Not much of a angle is needed. I find the sediment then thin at the tap compared to the back. When adding the hops, slowly trickle them down the back wall of the droid.

Cheers, Mark.

Mark that is a good tip. I will try that on the next dry hop brew.