NEIPA style Brewprints

Hi all,

Very excited to have finally received my BeerDroid today!

I have a couple of BrewPrints which I can get started with but looking to place an order for some more BrewPrints to keep a rolling brew production going. Looking for advice from other members if there are any NEIPA style BrewPrints available.

Thanks,

Glen

Hey Mate , welcome on board. Enjoy the brewing fun.. as for NEIPA there isnt too many from the brewprints, the Pineapple Crush is probably the most like what your chasing and can add more or less juice ( or throw Mango juice in the droid instead of Pineapple). Its a tasty beverage though and worth a try. If you scroll around the page there is the Shemsheet which has a few interesting custom brews including a Jedi Juice clone, havent done this yet , but has the oat to make it cloudy 

13 hours ago, Glen Rycroft said:

Hi all,

Very excited to have finally received my BeerDroid today!

I have a couple of BrewPrints which I can get started with but looking to place an order for some more BrewPrints to keep a rolling brew production going. Looking for advice from other members if there are any NEIPA style BrewPrints available.

Thanks,

Glen

Paul’s right. Found the “Shem sheet” a great aid.

https://community.brewart.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=427

• Upvote 1

Many thanks Mark and Paul.

I will try the Pineapple Crush as my 2nd brew I think.  Getting ready to put down Jolly Roger Pale as my 1st brew today and looking forward to that.

Cheers for the Shem Sheet - will definitely try a couple on the list once I have some experience under my belt (completely new to brewing).

Thanks again, appreciate your input.

Glen

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Glen Rycroft said:

Many thanks Mark and Paul.

I will try the Pineapple Crush as my 2nd brew I think.  Getting ready to put down Jolly Roger Pale as my 1st brew today and looking forward to that.

Cheers for the Shem Sheet - will definitely try a couple on the list once I have some experience under my belt (completely new to brewing).

Thanks again, appreciate your input.

Glen

Welcome Glen.

A great first choice of brew. Take your time with every step of the process and please don't hesitate to ask any questions along the way. This forum is a fantastic resource and rarely will you be the first person to experience a particular issue.

Patience and persistence really pays off with this system. You will be pleasantly surprised at just how good your beer turns out.

Cheers! 

Nick

• Thanks 1

Hi Nick,

Thanks for the welcome.  Have been reading the forums for a couple of months since I found the BeerDroid and had noticed that you guys are always super helpful.

Droid cleanse finished just over an hour ago and first brew put into the Droid and started.  Looking forward to following the progress on the app.

I have the BrewFlow system also and will be following your tip from another thread about sanitizing multiple keg caps to hopefully have one which attaches easily to the keg liner.  Have to admit after reading other member's experiences I'm a little concerned about how I'll go connecting the cap to the liner but will see what happens when I get to that stage.

Glen

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Glen Rycroft said:

Hi Nick,

Thanks for the welcome.  Have been reading the forums for a couple of months since I found the BeerDroid and had noticed that you guys are always super helpful.

Droid cleanse finished just over an hour ago and first brew put into the Droid and started.  Looking forward to following the progress on the app.

I have the BrewFlow system also and will be following your tip from another thread about sanitizing multiple keg caps to hopefully have one which attaches easily to the keg liner.  Have to admit after reading other member's experiences I'm a little concerned about how I'll go connecting the cap to the liner but will see what happens when I get to that stage.

Glen

You may have seen it already but Rob had done a video on the keg/cap assembly ref thread in the main thread “First time.....”

Keg liner cap onto a keg liner video

By Rob Courtney,  May 24 in First Time BrewArtist: Basic Operation 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Glen Rycroft said:

It's probably the trickiest process in this system but I believe the results make the learning curve and initial frustrations worthwhile. 

Draught beer at home without requiring beer gas and in a small user (read: wife) friendly format. What's not to like?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Glen Rycroft said:

Hi Nick,

Glen

Agree with above . The keg liner is the hardest bit but perseverance is key . Rob's video is great although still wizardry lol. The brewflo is a great system and pouring your own beer is great. If you bottle get a capper and go that way ( or swing tops ... but dont play with the plastic ones , i gave them up quickly lol ) 

Havent done the Jolly Roger though will be done very soon in my house. 

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Id agree with the Y2 yeast . But for a NEIPA i would think a healthy hopping to bring that fruity flavor out. I am planning to make a Pineapple crush in the next couple of brews and plan to dry hop with a couple of exotic hops ( ill let the cat out of the bag soon haha ) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Paul84 said:

I am planning to make a Pineapple crush in the next couple of brews and plan to dry hop with a couple of exotic hops ( ill let the cat out of the bag soon haha ) 

I've been holding off on brewing the Pineapple Crush for a while but have all the ingredients and am keen to try it.

Let me know which way you go with hops. I may need to copy you.

So last time i just did a Golden Circle pineapple juice from the juice section at coles ( i am in a country town so struggle to find the hipster corner store with the fresh squeezed pineapple juice ) . Turned out well. Not the hugest pineapplely taste , but a great beer. 

However , this time I am gonna see my hipster mate who lives on a corner block to squeeze me some fresh juice. And also use Bru-1 hops ( along side others) ( cats out the bag) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Paul84 said:

And also use Bru-1 hops ( along side others) ( cats out the bag) 

Ta.

I’ve heard of that one. Big pineapple flavours; perfect for this brew.

I’ve got a lot of hops in the freezer at the moment but not that one. May have to find a supplier. 😏

E801423D-18CD-4EEC-BCCF-78030D758DB4.thumb.jpeg.a12ea7ed4363060c49130a16648557ea.jpeg

Edited by Dustin Frothman
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Paul84 said:

So last time i just did a Golden Circle pineapple juice from the juice section at coles ( i am in a country town so struggle to find the hipster corner store with the fresh squeezed pineapple juice ) . Turned out well. Not the hugest pineapplely taste , but a great beer. 

However , this time I am gonna see my hipster mate who lives on a corner block to squeeze me some fresh juice. And also use Bru-1 hops ( along side others) ( cats out the bag) 

Hipster corner store.  Love it.  
hate to break it to you mate.  You’re a BrewArtist.  (So are we all).  THAT by definition makes us all ... Brewsters? 🤣

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...

NEIPA.  OK here goes.  
this one is off droid in a standard fermenter.   BUT:

1.  Coopers IPA can

2.  1Kg LME Coopers enhancer 

3.  2L golden circle mango nectar 

4.  2L Oats milk (couldn’t be bothered with boiling oat flakes etc)

above diluted to 20 L (not 23)

I imagine in a droid this would be half of everything   

it’ll ferment at room temp (22-28) and I’ll do it old school with monitoring SG in about a week.  

it looks cloudy and rich and tastes nice and can’t imagine it NOT being an awesome brew.   A little skeptical But surely will keep ya posted.  

🤙🏽

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, J P said:

NEIPA.  OK here goes.  
this one is off droid in a standard fermenter.   BUT:

1.  Coopers IPA can

2.  1Kg LME Coopers enhancer 

3.  2L golden circle mango nectar 

4.  2L Oats milk (couldn’t be bothered with boiling oat flakes etc)

above diluted to 20 L (not 23)

I imagine in a droid this would be half of everything   

it’ll ferment at room temp (22-28) and I’ll do it old school with monitoring SG in about a week.  

it looks cloudy and rich and tastes nice and can’t imagine it NOT being an awesome brew.   A little skeptical But surely will keep ya posted.  

🤙🏽

I'd be a bit wary of Mango Nectar as it is likely full of preservatives.

Please let us know how you go.

Edited by Dustin Frothman

5 minutes ago, Captain 3 Droids said:

Could be right about the mango. What’s your thoughts on fermentation temperature?

I don't have any experience brewing NEIPAs so still a bit to learn there.

I like the look of this recipe that was posted on the Facebook user group:

1.5kg of light DME brought to a boil in 5L of water.

At the boil I added 20g of Galaxy hops.

300g of flaked oats boiled in a seperate pot and strained into wort.

At 80 degrees I added 25g mosaic, 15g Nelson sauvin, 15g galaxy for 20-30mins then let cool.

Added the wort to the beerdroid at room temperature, and filled to 10L with water.

Pitched with US05 yeast.

Day 3 dry hopped with 25g mosaic, 20g galaxy, 15g Nelson sauvin, 25g enigma.

When fermentation was completed dry hopped again with 25g mosaic and cold crashed for 2 days.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Dustin Frothman said:

I don't have any experience brewing NEIPAs so still a bit to learn there.

I like the look of this recipe that was posted on the Facebook user group:

Interesting, personally I don’t like recipes where you ferment at “room temperature” it can really destroy a good brew. Take Paul84 in Pt Hedland, room temp 35C +? Rob at Mt Gambier? A recipe should set the fermentation range and a recipe that doesn’t is questionable IMO.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Captain 3 Droids said:

Interesting, personally I don’t like recipes where you ferment at “room temperature” it can really destroy a good brew. Take Paul84 in Pt Hedland, room temp 35C +? Rob at Mt Gambier? A recipe should set the fermentation range and a recipe that doesn’t is questionable IMO.

I'm not sure if that one was brewed at room temperature. I think the brewer is just referring to having cooled the wort before adding to the Droid.

They don't specify which brewing program they use but I'd guess the default 'Ale' program with the Dry Hop function enabled.

1 minute ago, Dustin Frothman said:

I'm not sure if that one was brewed at room temperature. I think the brewer is just referring to having cooled the wort before adding to the Droid.

They don't specify which brewing program they use but I'd guess the default 'Ale' program with the Dry Hop function enabled.

Sorry Dustin be it has been said “it’ll ferment at room temp (22-28)......”