NEIPA style Brewprints

10 hours ago, Captain 3 Droids said:

Interesting, personally I don’t like recipes where you ferment at “room temperature” it can really destroy a good brew. Take Paul84 in Pt Hedland, room temp 35C +? Rob at Mt Gambier? A recipe should set the fermentation range and a recipe that doesn’t is questionable IMO.

I completely agree but until my two other droids show up it’s desperate times.   🤣

• Haha 1

On 25/03/2021 at 11:43 PM, J P said:

NEIPA.  OK here goes.  
this one is off droid in a standard fermenter.   BUT:

1.  Coopers IPA can

2.  1Kg LME Coopers enhancer 

3.  2L golden circle mango nectar 

4.  2L Oats milk (couldn’t be bothered with boiling oat flakes etc)

above diluted to 20 L (not 23)

I imagine in a droid this would be half of everything   

it’ll ferment at room temp (22-28) and I’ll do it old school with monitoring SG in about a week.  

it looks cloudy and rich and tastes nice and can’t imagine it NOT being an awesome brew.   A little skeptical But surely will keep ya posted.  

🤙🏽

Hey JP, 

Looks like a good experiement for a NEIPA. Intrigued to see how it will turn out. Simple recipe if so 🤘 . And like Mark said Room temp for me would never work lol ( though my brew room sits at 23 degrees all year lol) . The droid would take alot of the variables out , so if this brew doesnt turn out the way you want try again in the droid ( and like Dustin said top quality nectar with no added preservatives ) 

Edit : just saw your post , might be on the money with the nectar see how it goes 🤘

Edited by Paul84
Added text

• 3 months later...
On 25/03/2021 at 11:43 PM, J P said:

NEIPA.  OK here goes.  
this one is off droid in a standard fermenter.   BUT:

1.  Coopers IPA can

2.  1Kg LME Coopers enhancer 

3.  2L golden circle mango nectar 

4.  2L Oats milk (couldn’t be bothered with boiling oat flakes etc)

above diluted to 20 L (not 23)

I imagine in a droid this would be half of everything   

it’ll ferment at room temp (22-28) and I’ll do it old school with monitoring SG in about a week.  

it looks cloudy and rich and tastes nice and can’t imagine it NOT being an awesome brew.   A little skeptical But surely will keep ya posted.  

🤙🏽

And yeah.  It turned out shite.  

don’t get me wrong, still drank half of it cuz I committed.  But there was nothing NEIPA about it, nothing Mango about it, and if it’d have ordered this in the pub I wouldn’t order a second.  But would finish it because I bought it.  🤣

1/3 disappointments so far.   

live and learn.   

• Sad 1