Leaking drain plug

I recently contacted support about a disintegrating drain plug and Liam sent out 5 replacements, stating that they've been coming out of the factory a bit small. I suggest you contact support for replacement(s).  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Robert Pretty said:

Anyone had this issue. Lost nearly half a litre of beer. The plug is at 6 months old or so. Never really had this before. Thanks

As it was ok for 6 months I think that some of the outer rubber surface has now worn away. I always give the plug a smear of keg lube. This makes it easy to get in and does act as a bit of a seal.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

speaking of keg lube.  I also use it on the BrewFlo to keep the taps operating smoothly and releases the  button on the keg line where it feeds into the tap (there's a spring loaded clip that sometimes gets gummed up and sticks with beer residue)

• Upvote 1

Hi Guys 

Looks more serious than a leaking bung. Lost about a litre first time. Put another brew down yesterday. Woke to morning with another litre lost. 

With a container under the bung, not leaking there . I think it might be sight glass. 

Hard to tell, will contact Liam Monday.

Any had issues.

25 minutes ago, Robert Pretty said:

Hi Guys 

Looks more serious than a leaking bung. Lost about a litre first time. Put another brew down yesterday. Woke to morning with another litre lost. 

With a container under the bung, not leaking there . I think it might be sight glass. 

Hard to tell, will contact Liam Monday.

Any had issues.

Have a read of this Robert, you may have the same issues.

https://community.brewart.com/topic/851-sight-glass-leaking/

• 4 weeks later...
On 21/05/2022 at 12:32 PM, Captain 3 Droids said:

Have a read of this Robert, you may have the same issues.

https://community.brewart.com/topic/851-sight-glass-leaking/

Update, Liam supplied a new tap and bung plug. Can't beat Brewart customer service.

Tested today with new bung and tap. Unfortunately this didn't resolve the problem it's leaking from between the tap and bung stem and the droid body. Sent Liam some photos to afternoon. Hopefully he can come up with a solution soon as the droid hasn't been this idle since I got it 2 years ago.IMG_20220615_153009998.thumb.jpg.350e6266321548dddbad3c492c02834b.jpg 

1 hour ago, Dustin Frothman said:

Bugger. How quickly/much does it leak from there?

Could you just seal around the spigot with some food grade silicon?

@Dustin Frothman, the suggestion from Liam is to block the bung hole from the inside with silicon. Heard somewhere you can use the bung plug on the inside to seal. Will give that a go. Otherwise you will need to write another eulogy. 

• Sad 1

On 12/05/2022 at 4:26 PM, iMagoo said:

I recently contacted support about a disintegrating drain plug and Liam sent out 5 replacements, stating that they've been coming out of the factory a bit small. I suggest you contact support for replacement(s).  

Funny, just the same problem this week. Just noticed dripping as I was about to fill the 10L. Basically the bung had worn down, as usual Liam with excellent service. Only shame have to wait longer for next brew, I had already been away from it for a while☹️

3 minutes ago, Sam Armstrong said:

Funny, just the same problem this week. Just noticed dripping as I was about to fill the 10L. Basically the bung had worn down, as usual Liam with excellent service. Only shame have to wait longer for next brew, I had already been away from it for a while☹️

Hi Sam, you could use some plumbers tape and brew before the bungs arrive.

• 5 months later...
On 16/06/2022 at 6:17 PM, Robert Pretty said:

@Dustin Frothman, the suggestion from Liam is to block the bung hole from the inside with silicon. Heard somewhere you can use the bung plug on the inside to seal. Will give that a go. Otherwise you will need to write another eulogy. 

Today I had the exact same problem so fitted the plug on the inside. Worked a treat.

• 10 months later...

Where else would I get replacement parts?  I live in Alaska and the nearest customer support is out of Arizona and have not been so kind to answer the phone or return phone calls.  We have even tried to summit inquiries on the website out of Arizona and it won't submit.  We have had our beerdroid for two months and our drain plug has disintegrated.  We have tried plumbers and electrical tape and have had no luck.    Any help would be very appreciated!! 

8 hours ago, Bull said:

Where else would I get replacement parts?  I live in Alaska and the nearest customer support is out of Arizona and have not been so kind to answer the phone or return phone calls.  We have even tried to summit inquiries on the website out of Arizona and it won't submit.  We have had our beerdroid for two months and our drain plug has disintegrated.  We have tried plumbers and electrical tape and have had no luck.    Any help would be very appreciated!! 

Sorry to hear that

@BrewArt Team are you able to help at all?

9 hours ago, Bull said:

Hi Bull,

Yes, I've had trouble trying to submit questions to Brewart from their website as well, but I've gotten quick replies emailing them. Try either of these:

brewart@mail-us.brewart.com

customersupport@brewart.com

• Thanks 1