Pineapple Crush IPA

Kegged Sunday night after 8 days brewing time.

Half into a 5L keg priming at around 19 degrees with a BrewArt priming block.

The other into a 5L keg and has been carbonating in the fridge at around 13 PSI since Sunday night - approx 3 days.

Couldn’t help myself and had to sample a drop tonight. Although still a little fresh, it’s definitely drinkable and I’m extremely impressed with the head retention and how creamy the head is.

Can’t wait to see what the next few weeks/months bring for both kegs.

BTW - ended up with a little over a 450ml grolsch bottle which I filled in between kegs. That’s priming at around 19 degrees next to the other keg as well. Will keep that as a sampler before I crack the keg. Cheers @Dustin Frothman 🍻

Put down a Mr Beer bewitched Amber Ale on Sunday after cleaning up, added 200g Caramalt infusion plus about 200g dextrose. Following that I’m planning on putting down an full 1.7kg Ironbark dark ale can with Caramalt and some dextrose. Will post more about those in the appropriate section as I have a couple of questions.

Cheers!

7745BDF1-3AF0-4A8D-9839-BDFEC4C50420.jpeg

23AF374E-87C6-4541-9B3D-4C1F1BBDAA85.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

9 hours ago, Garth Moulton said:

Kegged Sunday night after 8 days brewing time.

Half into a 5L keg priming at around 19 degrees with a BrewArt priming block.

The other into a 5L keg and has been carbonating in the fridge at around 13 PSI since Sunday night - approx 3 days.

Couldn’t help myself and had to sample a drop tonight. Although still a little fresh, it’s definitely drinkable and I’m extremely impressed with the head retention and how creamy the head is.

Can’t wait to see what the next few weeks/months bring for both kegs.

BTW - ended up with a little over a 450ml grolsch bottle which I filled in between kegs. That’s priming at around 19 degrees next to the other keg as well. Will keep that as a sampler before I crack the keg. Cheers @Dustin Frothman 🍻

Put down a Mr Beer bewitched Amber Ale on Sunday after cleaning up, added 200g Caramalt infusion plus about 200g dextrose. Following that I’m planning on putting down an full 1.7kg Ironbark dark ale can with Caramalt and some dextrose. Will post more about those in the appropriate section as I have a couple of questions.

Cheers!

7745BDF1-3AF0-4A8D-9839-BDFEC4C50420.jpeg

23AF374E-87C6-4541-9B3D-4C1F1BBDAA85.jpeg

Looking good.I’d be happy with that.

• 3 weeks later...
On 03/11/2021 at 12:10 PM, Spuddy said:

Hi C3D, I created an account as I'm planning on starting a batch of the Pineapple Crush this week and as I have a cold press juicer I was thinking of using fresh juice - would you recommend pasteurising it for the above reason? 

Well I've been locked out of my community account for a few weeks but managed to get back on today. Thought I'd come back to report. 

I didn't have the over-eager fermentation the rest of you have been experiencing? But it was definitely bubbling away inside the window so I'm sure it's all good. It was the first homebrew I've ever tasted straight out of the fermenter that I would have been happy to drink flat and warm, it was so tasty. 

Been in bottles now for a little over two weeks so might crack one open later in the week and see how it goes. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Captain 3 Droids said:

Why wouldn’t you, could well be an early drinker? What’s in the Droud now?

Because the missus is on me to get rid of my backlog of other commercially sourced beers 😅

I actually copied one of your suggestions from another post, half a tin of aussie pale ale with 250g LDME and a bit of hop tea, plus dry hopped towards the end - this one I've done with Cascade hops, when it comes out in the next day or two I'll switch over to another with the rest of the tin, this time with Citra. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

• 1 month later...

Last bottle of a pineapple crush that i lost in my fridge . Was brewed on the 6th of August lol. This thing is fantastic and i recommend pushing it this far if you can. Sad because i will have to buy more kegs if I am gonna leave it this long. It would have made my fridge around late october/november from room temp (22 deg) conditioning. Got such a nice sweetness of a tropical ale and all the maltiness i have had before . Just a well balanced beverage 

20220128_174257.jpg

• Like 5

So I've been thinking ahead and would like to try this fella next order, but I've been doing some thinking which is always dangerous

1. Have the people I've heard of doubling the pineapple to 2L had success? Would they recommend?

2. Been thinking about milkshaking this one with some lactose. Good or bad idea? Any suggestion how much someone should add? I'd consider adding some maltodextrin to add more body too

This would be months in the future, but it's the calm before the storm at work so I've been daydreaming about beer

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

A popular thing for guys is a late addition of the juice instead ( i believe on day 3 🤷‍♂️) brings more of a Juicy flavor, i think 2 litres of juice would make for a very burpy droid lol. 

I havent dabbled in lactose so wont be much help sorry, but the Maltodextrin is a good thing to pump up the body and mouth feel. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

I’ve made both with 1L and 2L and prefer it with 2L though it seems drier with the 2nd L.   

as far as lactose I have done usually 250-500 per droid.  This is up to personal preference but likely will augment the pineapple. 

agree with late addition of juice (day 3) it’s better.  

hope this helps.  

• Thanks 1

• 3 months later...
On 02/02/2022 at 2:09 PM, Gillies Brewing said:

So I've been thinking ahead and would like to try this fella next order, but I've been doing some thinking which is always dangerous

1. Have the people I've heard of doubling the pineapple to 2L had success? Would they recommend?

2. Been thinking about milkshaking this one with some lactose. Good or bad idea? Any suggestion how much someone should add? I'd consider adding some maltodextrin to add more body too

This would be months in the future, but it's the calm before the storm at work so I've been daydreaming about beer

Months later, we're on!

Mostly I'll update on the Milkshake IPA thread but I thought I'd leave a little note here and I'll let youse know how it goes.

Pineapple Crush brewprint + 250g Lactose and a heaped tablespoon ish of maltodextrin.

Golden circle is all I can get so 1L in on day 3

EoF dry hop with 25g Citra and 25g BRU-1 which is supposedly mega-pineapple aromas

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...