Pineapple Crush IPA

5 hours ago, John Parry said:

Hi guys,

I don't have the recipe for this, was wondering how much pineapple juice to add and when? Also, do you add juice to make the 10 litres or is it in addition?

Cheers

John

Hi John,

9 litres of water and 1L of juice to make up 10 litres total.

Some people say to add the juice at the 3 day mark and others at the start. 

I’d probably stick with at the start.

• 1 month later...

Alright boys I just put this one in the droid.  

got the Holden circle pineapple juice.  

day 3 best day to add you reckon?

also happy for any advice on secondary  times to ideal consumption?

cheers Lads

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

11 hours ago, J P said:

Alright boys I just put this one in the droid.  

got the Holden circle pineapple juice.  

day 3 best day to add you reckon?

also happy for any advice on secondary  times to ideal consumption?

cheers Lads

Im gonna throw this down today . It was one of the first beers I had done. I added the pineapple at the start and I was not dissapointed with the flavor though it didnt scream pineapple at me. I have bought some Bru-1 hops to dry hop this so 🤞🤞🤞. My question is gonna be what do you boys think would be the best way to get the best out of these hops? I might do 2 stage dry hopping at like day 5 and 8 . Or happy to leave this in the droid for a bit after EOF to hop this. Also tempted to do a blend of hops with the Galaxy hops that are supposed to go in.  Thoughts ? 

8 minutes ago, Paul84 said:

Im gonna throw this down today . It was one of the first beers I had done. I added the pineapple at the start and I was not dissapointed with the flavor though it didnt scream pineapple at me. I have bought some Bru-1 hops to dry hop this so 🤞🤞🤞. My question is gonna be what do you boys think would be the best way to get the best out of these hops? I might do 2 stage dry hopping at like day 5 and 8 . Or happy to leave this in the droid for a bit after EOF to hop this. Also tempted to do a blend of hops with the Galaxy hops that are supposed to go in.  Thoughts ? 

The BRU-1 and Galaxy hops will be a top combination. The recipe predicts EOF 6 to 9 days. I like your idea of staging the hops. I’d put the Bru-1 in at 5 days and the Galaxy 2 days later however if EOF happens on day 6 put them in then and leave the brew in keg mode for 48hrs.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Captain 3 Droids said:

The BRU-1 and Galaxy hops will be a top combination. The recipe predicts EOF 6 to 9 days. I like your idea of staging the hops. I’d put the Bru-1 in at 5 days and the Galaxy 2 days later however if EOF happens on day 6 put them in then and leave the brew in keg mode for 48hrs.

Im thinking a heavy hopping probably between 30-50gr of each. What do you think @Captain 3 Droids ? Want this a punchy fruity hopped beer 😁

• Like 2

So this went in the droid last night. The juice is straight in and will dry hop in a few days ( waiting on the BRU-1 but i am hoping it will be here in a couple of days to be ready lol ) . Set up the sandwich bag in advance as i knew it would be a healthy brew, and i dont think i was wrong as it started this afternoon.

20210814_151205.jpg

20210815_143516.jpg

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Paul84 said:

So this went in the droid last night. The juice is straight in and will dry hop in a few days ( waiting on the BRU-1 but i am hoping it will be here in a couple of days to be ready lol ) . Set up the sandwich bag in advance as i knew it would be a healthy brew, and i dont think i was wrong as it started this afternoon.

20210814_151205.jpg

20210815_143516.jpg

@Paul84 Thanks for teaching me another trick with those photos. I’d never thought to use pegs to hold the bag open.

Cheers!

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Dustin Frothman said:

@Paul84 Thanks for teaching me another trick with those photos. I’d never thought to use pegs to hold the bag open.

Cheers!

Desperation is the key mate 🤣. The bag was open until the burps started then decided it wanted to close itself up. Found the solution lol 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Robert Pretty said:

Just cracking one now. Is it the pineapple juice that gives it that sweet taste? As you can't really taste the pineapple juice. What it you brewed this without the pineapple juice? I hopped this with 80g of Citra the perfect hop for this. Cheers.

IMG_20210815_195352767.jpg

Hey Mate , i have stuck with the traditional pineapple juice. Alot of people say to add it after 3 days and you get more of a juicy hit. I am gonna DH mine with the Galaxy as pwr recipe and also some BRU-1 hops that I bought. The BRU-1 hops add citrus to it and a pinepple aroma that I am hoping will lend itself to the drink. Will tell you in 10 weeks time 🤣

• Upvote 1

On 13/08/2021 at 4:30 PM, Rob Courtney said:

It was posted :)

For a bathrobe ( yeah, I have gotten that old)

For years, I have walked around the house and front yard without a robe or anything else on, much to screams and turning of heads of neighbours but since I got this robe, people will converse with me in the front yard now without saying "damn it man, put some clothes on"

The robe is nice and warm, just want you want during winter but if I want to relive the old days,  it has a cord I can choose not to tie before I venture out into the yard. I give this product 5 stars

On 15/08/2021 at 5:58 PM, Robert Pretty said:

Just cracking one now. Is it the pineapple juice that gives it that sweet taste? As you can't really taste the pineapple juice. What it you brewed this without the pineapple juice? I hopped this with 80g of Citra the perfect hop for this. Cheers.

IMG_20210815_195352767.jpg

Reckon 100g of citra is “too much”? I’m just about to reach DH stage on this one.   Added the juice at day 3 of fermentation.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 15/08/2021 at 8:09 PM, Dustin Frothman said:

Cheers!

The pegs are a great idea. I have been using a wire frame crafted from a coat hanger but its a bit fiddly to attach the bag and then to attach it all to the Droid. I will try the pegs next time.

• Upvote 1