General Sports Banter

Clayton Angel

Ugly game of football but I did enjoy watching the Blues have a win yesterday. Enjoyed an eclectic range of beers at the pub with some mates as well. Including (dare I say it) probably one of the best pints of West End I’ve ever had. 🤭

One was more than enough though, so a can of Big Shed Californicator and then Boozy Fruit followed just to remind my palate how good craft beer can be.

Finished off the night with a couple of cans of Coopers XPA accompanying a lovely Easter Sunday roast served up by our generous friends at their beautiful home.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Dustin Frothman said:

Including (dare I say it) probably one of the best pints of West End I’ve ever had.

That had to be after you consumed many beers beforehand! Is it like a some pub bands, at the beginning of the night they are crap however after a few they are better than the Rolling Stones😂😂😅🤣

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Dustin Frothman said:

Ugly game of football but I did enjoy watching the Blues have a win yesterday. Enjoyed an eclectic range of beers at the pub with some mates as well. Including (dare I say it) probably one of the best pints of West End I’ve ever had. 🤭

One was more than enough though, so a can of Big Shed Californicator and then Boozy Fruit followed just to remind my palate how good craft beer can be.

Finished off the night with a couple of cans of Coopers XPA accompanying a lovely Easter Sunday roast served up by our generous friends at their beautiful home.

Did they Blues even play this weekend ? I blocked 3 hours of my life from my memory. My team didnt play this weekend lol, they just showed up and let 22 players run around them (🟪

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Paul84 said:

Did they Blues even play this weekend ? I blocked 3 hours of my life from my memory. My team didnt play this weekend lol, they just showed up and let 22 players run around them (🟪

To be fair though, FRemantle were presented with a cake after the match...

bart simpson you tried cake | You Tried | Know Your Meme

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Paul84 said:

0166CB9B-27E2-4778-9ECD-F24942B86746.thumb.jpeg.ded4940d2ffdb8ec82f473ea5377111f.jpeg

I don’t recall seeing another team out there yesterday. The Blues were fairly ordinary but the pill just kept going through the  two big sticks so my smile kept getting bigger and the brews kept sliding on down.

• Haha 2

• 4 weeks later...

Some how the Swans got home tonight over the Cats. I was at Newcastle watching my a beloved Roosters beat the Knights. Another two ACL injuries. Could end Brett Morris career. Worst than that they only had Iron Jack or XXXX Gold at the stadium. Couldn't get home fast enough for a decent beer.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Robert Pretty said:

Some how the Swans got home tonight over the Cats. I was at Newcastle watching my a beloved Roosters beat the Knights. Another two ACL injuries. Could end Brett Morris career. Worst than that they only had Iron Jack or XXXX Gold at the stadium. Couldn't get home fast enough for a decent beer.

Iron Jack is the worst beer I have ever tasted. I can usually forgive the carb free beers because they are what they are, if I have to drink one, I can get through it, just not two.

Iron Jack though...effin' Iron Jack. Went to a pub with the kids for a meal whilst the wife was away, one of those pubs the kids like (has a playground...shite food but a playground). Anyways, Iron Jack on special, introductry price of $4 a pint. I take a sip and go back and say "mate, think there is an issue, the beer tastes infected"...it tastes it but that is the flavour they are going for. FMD 

• Upvote 1