General Sports Banter

Clayton Angel

Thanks @Rob Courtney

G'day @Clayton Angel,
We can definitely design a beer which will get you close, but there will be a couple of additional steps required to add the coriander seed, and orange peel. The ingredients list is:

E5, X2, X2, X2, X2, Y5. - 2gm crushed Coriander Seeds, 3.5gm Dried Curacao orange peel.
Brewing Program: Ale

Method: Bring 1L of water to the boil in a pot, turn off heat, add the Coriander Seeds and Dried Curacao orange peel. Put lid on and steep for 30 minutes. Add 9L of water to the BeerDroid, strain in the Orange Peel and Coriander seed water, Start the brewing program before adding other ingredients until the water has been brought down to 22c. Then add your Yeast, Elements, and Enhancers. 

This should get you in the ball park of 5.5% ABV, 12IBU, 11EBC

Please let us know how it turns out.

Cheers

8 hours ago, BrewArt Team said:

Thanks @Rob Courtney

G'day @Clayton Angel,
We can definitely design a beer which will get you close, but there will be a couple of additional steps required to add the coriander seed, and orange peel. The ingredients list is:

E5, X2, X2, X2, X2, Y5. - 2gm crushed Coriander Seeds, 3.5gm Dried Curacao orange peel.
Brewing Program: Ale

Method: Bring 1L of water to the boil in a pot, turn off heat, add the Coriander Seeds and Dried Curacao orange peel. Put lid on and steep for 30 minutes. Add 9L of water to the BeerDroid, strain in the Orange Peel and Coriander seed water, Start the brewing program before adding other ingredients until the water has been brought down to 22c. Then add your Yeast, Elements, and Enhancers. 

This should get you in the ball park of 5.5% ABV, 12IBU, 11EBC

Please let us know how it turns out.

Cheers

Brilliant guys.

2 minutes ago, Barrelboy said:

Ha, we had the best of him. Why you got rid of him in the first place is the joke. Lol 😂😂

Somewhat true. He was exciting when we had him and yes it was a huge mistake to let him go. We can add that to the list of many poor decisions by the Blues. 

The upside was that we got to watch him play every other week in Adelaide.

1 minute ago, Barrelboy said:

Looks like the whole lot been shifted 🤭

Sorry guys, 
It's a good thing I brew better than I moderate forums. I have no idea how to get just the original Hoegarrden posts separated.
So I have reposted the Hoegaarden recipe in its own thread again here: 

7 hours ago, Barrelboy said:

I’m a Crows one as well. Enough said, but I’ll hang in there. 

Sweet..

On the plus side of watching yesterdays game, there is a leaking valve in the cistern of my toilet, been annoying me for a month but just too lazy to fix it. Anyways, with how well we were playing, I gave the problem some analysis and found it was one part that needed replacing. Took part out, went to Bunnings, came home, fitted new part...all done in a quarter. 

So, there was that, if I wasn't so angry, I'd have never have fixed it.

Look, going to be a long season, probably two based on us not accepting 2017 was our chance, when all of our 25 year old players, played their best and that we needed to start blooding the side in 2018. Anyways, we will get there, on the back of a board challenge :)

• Sad 1