Coopers XPA

4 minutes ago, Rob Courtney said:

Look, that's a chance cause I will be staying on North Terrace but does the Exeter pour it right?

If it is still called the Exeter...

The Exeter is a bit up an down with their beer. It’s an awesome pub. When it’s good it’s really good ...

A walk down to the Grace is worth every step.

• Thanks 1

So, I can see why @Dustin Frothman suggests 8 weeks as I can see were it can develop....and that is a positive

In saying that though, straight to the pool room. I can think of a few meals I cook that this will go perfectly with, chicken kway teow* being one but will find it very hard to rate this outside my top five beers and if it is, it'll be 6.

*I will put up this recipe with photos next time I do it...it is seriously worth it.

Halfway through this pint and just remarking "effing hell tht is good, like seriously good"

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Rob Courtney said:

So, I can see why @Dustin Frothman suggests 8 weeks as I can see were it can develop....and that is a positive

In saying that though, straight to the pool room. I can think of a few meals I cook that this will go perfectly with, chicken kway teow* being one but will find it very hard to rate this outside my top five beers and if it is, it'll be 6.

*I will put up this recipe with photos next time I do it...it is seriously worth it.

Halfway through this pint and just remarking "effing hell tht is good, like seriously good"

Glad you’re enjoying it.

I’ve got 5 weeks until my most recent XPA will be ready to serve. 😭

• 4 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, Dustin Frothman said:

@Rob Courtney So how was it really at 8 weeks then? Genuinely interested in your opinion on this one.

I will let you know in an hour or so, not sure idf I had it in the wrong glass, or whether I was in the wrong frame of mind ( counselling someone out of the business...always just fun) but it just was OK...but when I had it last week it was exceptional...so I will mix it up

So, a less drunk and tired perspective @Dustin Frothman, the fruity hops hit your nose as you are about to take a sip. I don't find the beer too bitter but they may be offset by the strong passionfruit flavour. This is a great beer, my only issue with it is I can't session it, I could have three or four pints and then I have to move onto something else a bit more lagery...

In saying that though, such a strong brew

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 02/05/2021 at 8:33 PM, Rob Courtney said:

So, a less drunk and tired perspective @Dustin Frothman, the fruity hops hit your nose as you are about to take a sip. I don't find the beer too bitter but they may be offset by the strong passionfruit flavour. This is a great beer, my only issue with it is I can't session it, I could have three or four pints and then I have to move onto something else a bit more lagery...

In saying that though, such a strong brew

It is a strong one but if you don’t overdo the hops I think it’s just great, but agree, too much after 10 pints.

82178DD7-21DD-436A-9499-4FAF546BDDAC.thumb.jpeg.519caee25ce750e43b5c3c959eb807c4.jpeg

• Haha 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...