Coopers XPA

1 hour ago, Captain 3 Droids said:

Just going on to 6 weeks kegged. Dry hopped with 15g centennial and 15g simcoe. The centennial from the pre dry hop mode recipe and simcoe from the new dry hop recipe leaving the Citra out.

So not much citrus to taste, still throughly enjoyable with strong bitter finish, earthy. Not unhappy but wouldn’t leave the Citra out next time- all 3 I say.

Actually as a rethink, 15g each centennial and simcoe with 25g Citra mmmm

Sometimes you just know something isn’t right, no citrus, earthy so I checked my fridge set up and found I was actually drinking California Steam, makes sense as to my comments other than the hops which is to do with the XPA.

So I’m happy I could detect an issue but feel like a dumb.......😂. (I’ve now changed over to the XPA)

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, Dustin Frothman said:

D6D554AA-93FD-49A8-9DC9-8B93664E18F0.thumb.jpeg.4e8001494668b3025e002941de79660b.jpeg

Figured that this was as good a place as any to drop in for an XPA whilst I wait for my kegs to arrive from interstate. 😍

Had few in that pub when working in the city, was a good old style bar. I like the fact that my brew and the purchased one look very similar, as if out the same tap.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Captain 3 Droids said:

Had few in that pub when working in the city, was a good old style bar. I like the fact that my brew and the purchased one look very similar, as if out the same tap.

Probably one of the best old style pubs in town.

I can’t tell the difference between the Beerdroid brewed XPA and that which is served here.

• 1 month later...

Hi Guy's,  Newbie here & have a question on the Coopers XPA Brewprint ingredients. In the box I have Dry hops D4 & D8. Should be D4 & D6 according to the store ingredients. Do you still think I can still use these? Luckily I purchased 2 Brewprints & I have started my first Brew tonight with the Birra Italiano. Fingers crossed🙂

D4 & D8.jpg

Edited by Senator

5 hours ago, Senator said:

Hi Guy's,  Newbie here & have a question on the Coopers XPA Brewprint ingredients. In the box I have Dry hops D4 & D8. Should be D4 & D6 according to the store ingredients. Do you still think I can still use these? Luckily I purchased 2 Brewprints & I have started my first Brew tonight with the Birra Italiano. Fingers crossed🙂

D4 & D8.jpg

Hi Senator, great brew choices.

D6 is Citra, D8 is Mosaic and are interchangeable. In fact these are the hops I use and the result is excellent.

Cheers

8 minutes ago, Senator said:

Thanks Captain. Appreciate your advice 👍  Being a newbie I am finding the community a fantastic source of information/discussion. Looking forward to many years of home brewing. Cheers 

Yes, good mob here and a lot of info, help etc. With the Droid you’ll be brewing ripper brews for years. Let us know how you go and any questions are welcome.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 18/02/2021 at 10:10 AM, Captain 3 Droids said:

How did it turn out with the Mosaic hops instead of Citra?

I ended up contacting Liam who promptly sent out the D6 Citra. Fantastic service.

I have been a bit slack & only just started the XPA. The Droid is at 8 days so nearly ready to add hops.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Senator said:

Ok the XPA Brew Print fermentation in the droid is now at 9 days & 19hrs. Still in Ferment stage. Is this normal? No Dry Hops added as yet & the Beer looks dark when you turn the interior light on. Any advise Cheers.

My last two XPA’s took 10days each so your very close and shouldn’t worry. 
Cheers

5 minutes ago, Captain 3 Droids said:

Agree about the cans, but I reckon the BrewPrint version is better. Throw a can in the fridge when your ready to drink yours and do a comparison.

Great idea. If it tastes similar to the can version I will be one very happy brewer.👍

• Upvote 2

On 25/02/2021 at 7:45 PM, Senator said:

Great idea. If it tastes similar to the can version I will be one very happy brewer.👍

It tastes the same if not better (fresher) than on draught.

I think you’ll be pleasantly surprised.

Probably my #1 Brewprint so far. It never lasts long and I end up spending all my beer money at the local drinking theirs whilst I wait for mine to be ready. 🤑

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Dustin Frothman said:

It tastes the same if not better (fresher) than on draught.

I think you’ll be pleasantly surprised.

Probably my #1 Brewprint so far. It never lasts long and I end up spending all my beer money at the local drinking theirs whilst I wait for mine to be ready. 🤑

I think I'm just about ready to Keg? How long should I wait for the 2nd Fermentation?

Might have to buy some more cans while I'm waiting also?

Brew Print XPA.jpg