Coopers XPA

• 1 month later...
On 04/08/2019 at 12:47 PM, Barrelboy said:

Have cracked the keg after 5 weeks. Have to say an impressive drop. Malt flavour with citrus background . Delightful bitter hop driven finish. This is another one to add to the re-brew list. Boy I need another droid, Father’s Day? Mmm. Wife dear...........😍😇

cool, might give that one a go...and yeah, second droid is a must, sort of like a 20 year old Swedish Nanny when you have a new addition to the family...sometimes, you just have to treat yourself

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 21/08/2019 at 10:06 PM, Barrelboy said:

I would certainly, will drink this one all year round. I actually prefer this to the well known Coopers Pale.

Interesting. Not a massive Pale fan but will happily drink it as the Pres of my cricket club will only drink that. Will have to grab a print of it next order

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
On 16/10/2019 at 8:00 PM, Rob Courtney said:

I bloody well forgot to order it, what a twat. Pretty happy with the 16 brews, a few different ones, including the wheat beer. I did get the Pale Ale because I want to hop tea it and see how that turns out.

Did you order it this time? Just put it in the droid a few minutes ago, after refreshing the review here it needed to be done again.

On 21/02/2020 at 6:57 PM, Rob Courtney said:

I tried the original off tap and wasn't overly enamoured by it to give it a go tbh

Better than the tap. It’s like the Coopers Session Ale, better Brewprint than tap or can imo. Although I believe Cooper brews are good commercial tap/bottle beers I have found the home brew versions more to my liking.

Now give it a go I say,  only 10l, keg and bottle half.

• 2 months later...

Hi everyone, i am new to this forum and purchased my first droid a week ago. Can't wait to get involved.

I've got the Coopers XPA in there and should be ready in a few days. I will be bottling and wondering if you always add the 2 x hop liquid to the brew after it has reached kegging stage?

Cheers, Bert

14 minutes ago, Bert said:

Hi everyone, i am new to this forum and purchased my first droid a week ago. Can't wait to get involved.

I've got the Coopers XPA in there and should be ready in a few days. I will be bottling and wondering if you always add the 2 x hop liquid to the brew after it has reached kegging stage?

Cheers, Bert

Hi Bert and welcome. The Coopers XPA is top drop and have brewed it a few times now. When you are advised that it’s ready to keg, gently lift the lid and tip in both hop liquid sachets , replace the lid and allow around 24hrs for it to be absorbed by the brew.

You can add before the ready to keg stage by predicting a possible fermentation finish and if it is in there for a couple of days it won’t do any harm.

Always remove and replace the lid gently so as not to create a turbulence above the brew which will remove some of the protective co2. 

Feel free to ask questions anytime and let us know your opinion when you get to consume your first brew.

Thanks so much for the quick response.
If i add before the kegging stage what do you suggest? It has been brewing now for nearly 6 days. How long does it usually take? Should i add it now?

Thanks  again.

10 minutes ago, Bert said:

Thanks so much for the quick response.
If i add before the kegging stage what do you suggest? It has been brewing now for nearly 6 days. How long does it usually take? Should i add it now?

Thanks  again.

Yes add now. Since I’ve been recording fermentation times the XPA has been a 6 days and a 7 days.

• 2 weeks later...

Can anyone here attest to the taste of the Brewprint Coopers XPA compared to that which is served on tap?

I currently live in Brisbane for work but am an Adelaide local and have tried the XPA at various pubs around town back home with varied results. When it's served fresh and at the correct temperature it is simply brilliant.

I've tried the XPA in cans up here in QLD and wasn't that impressed.

I'm keen to get as close to replicating that pub fresh XPA taste as possible with the Brewart system. Is this possible?

12 minutes ago, Dustin Frothman said:

Can anyone here attest to the taste of the Brewprint Coopers XPA compared to that which is served on tap?

I currently live in Brisbane for work but am an Adelaide local and have tried the XPA at various pubs around town back home with varied results. When it's served fresh and at the correct temperature it is simply brilliant.

I've tried the XPA in cans up here in QLD and wasn't that impressed.

I'm keen to get as close to replicating that pub fresh XPA taste as possible with the Brewart system. Is this possible?

I’m with you, don’t like the Coopers XPA in cans nor the Coopers Session Ale. However I rate the Brewprint version highly and have brewed it 3 times. Without tasting and confirming with side to side samples I would say it is close to that on tap if not slightly better imo.

Worth brewing.

• Thanks 1

Hi,newbie here so have much to learn, interested to know what ingredient gives the xpa that lashes /stone and wood type flavour as the xpa is delicious,but,i'd like just a frag more of whatever that is, brewed a few of the other pale ales which to my taste were a little light on that flavour, also noted you rate bohemian lager barrelboy i read the comments before purchasing a BrewPrint and you were spot on with the belgian lager, between belgian and xpa i thought i didn't need to look any further, but now you've peaked my interest,my next purchase will have to include bohemian as well.

• Upvote 1