Piss Head Sunday

Captain 3 Droids

An appropriate title in a lot of respect, now retired me and the good woman have for sometime now declared Sunday our day. No shopping, no appointments, Drs, ect.........

Its about relaxing and doing as you wish.

Now today I started off with a great Deutsch Lager, followed by a few Little Creatures Bright Ale clone, and now the magnificent Lawn Mower Lager. Bed early tonight. Lol

Edited by Captain 3 Droids
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Captain 3 Droids said:

An appropriate title in a lot of respect, now retired me and the good woman have for sometime now declared Sunday our day. No shopping, no appointments, Drs, ect.........

Its about relaxing and doing as you wish.

Now today I started off with a great Deutsch Lager, followed by a few Little Creatures Bright Ale clone, and now the magnificent Lawn Mower Lager. Bed early tonight. Lol

I retired 18 years ago at 54 years old and everyday I have relaxed and done as I wished so I know how you feel. Its liberating.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Rob Courtney said:

I've got to change things up, life is really cutting in to my drinking time...

To live the good life I have found 2 complete blood tests a year (to see if the liver is ok), 10km on the gym treadmill each week plus eating light and a few hobbies does the trick. You have to to be reasonably healthy to drink especially when you get into your 60's or 70's

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, Eltham Brewing House said:

To live the good life I have found 2 complete blood tests a year (to see if the liver is ok), 10km on the gym treadmill each week plus eating light and a few hobbies does the trick. You have to to be reasonably healthy to drink especially when you get into your 60's or 70's

They found pickle onions a thousand years old still edible, I’m doing the “pickling route”.
10km on the treadmill each week! Now that is keen however running 3 droids is very similar 😀

• Haha 3

Bloody hell it comes around quick. Early am kegged a California Steam, and put down a put down a Coopers XPA which I tend to dry hop with simcoe and Citra at day 6. Scramble egg on toast breakfast, prepare tea, ( ready to cook tonight), 11.30am the Goat Amber Ale and Darts via fox. 
Oh what a great “Piss Head Sunday” this is going to be. image.thumb.jpg.cf1482426db9fde7d903cf74e32ca46f.jpg

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Captain 3 Droids said:

Bloody hell it comes around quick. Early am kegged a California Steam, and put down a put down a Coopers XPA which I tend to dry hop with simcoe and Citra at day 6. Scramble egg on toast breakfast, prepare tea, ( ready to cook tonight), 11.30am the Goat Amber Ale and Darts via fox. 
Oh what a great “Piss Head Sunday” this is going to be. image.thumb.jpg.cf1482426db9fde7d903cf74e32ca46f.jpg

That sounds like a brilliant Sunday.

I’m in Sydney again and was up at 4am for work but did manage a burger and pint(?), schooner(?) who knows, of a West Coast IPA by Mountain Culture (great Blue Mountains craft brewery) for late lunch at a nice pub in Newtown.

Oh and I did have a Coopers Pale with dinner here last night at another pub too so it hasn’t been all bad.

The 3 COVID tests when I return to Adelaide on Tuesday will be though. 😷

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...

Long weekend, good enough excuse to drink on a Sunday. So in my town, we no longer have railway service so after years of the old railway station falling into disrepair and looking, well crap, they decided to make it an open space parkland. Probably spent 5 million getting this done and boy, did people complain about the money spent but before they did it, the place was a bitumised wasteland that looked like a place you would get robbed in. Now, it is mad into an open space with a nature  playground (that I just don't get but kids love it so that is all that matters) and a few free BBQ areas.

So, had planned to take the family there this arvo for a BBQ and thought " can I have a few brews there or is the area dry?"...luckily, I thought this at about 4.45pm on Friday so I rang the council and they gave me two thumbs up to drink and BBQ...and I did. Just saying, my last stubbie of Belgian lager was brilliant.

So, this is the place anyways, give in mind that it is about a kilometre long and about 200 metres wide

IMG_0280.thumb.jpg.6fc4f059d05504e5fbfef89f20c55714.jpg

IMG_0279.jpg

IMG_0277.jpg

IMG_0276.jpg

IMG_0273 (1).jpg

IMG_0278 (1).jpg

IMG_0282 (1).jpg

IMG_0275 (1).jpg

Edited by Rob Courtney
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
On 07/03/2021 at 8:48 PM, Rob Courtney said:

Long weekend, good enough excuse to drink on a Sunday. So in my town, we no longer have railway service so after years of the old railway station falling into disrepair and looking, well crap, they decided to make it an open space parkland. Probably spent 5 million getting this done and boy, did people complain about the money spent but before they did it, the place was a bitumised wasteland that looked like a place you would get robbed in. Now, it is mad into an open space with a nature  playground (that I just don't get but kids love it so that is all that matters) and a few free BBQ areas.

So, had planned to take the family there this arvo for a BBQ and thought " can I have a few brews there or is the area dry?"...luckily, I thought this at about 4.45pm on Friday so I rang the council and they gave me two thumbs up to drink and BBQ...and I did. Just saying, my last stubbie of Belgian lager was brilliant.

So, this is the place anyways, give in mind that it is about a kilometre long and about 200 metres wide

IMG_0280.thumb.jpg.6fc4f059d05504e5fbfef89f20c55714.jpg

IMG_0279.jpg

IMG_0277.jpg

IMG_0276.jpg

IMG_0273 (1).jpg

IMG_0278 (1).jpg

IMG_0282 (1).jpg

IMG_0275 (1).jpg

Where is everybody????

1 minute ago, Eltham Brewing House said:

Where is everybody????

To be fair, it was maybe 7pm on a Sunday during the school year...but I agree with you, it's a big open space, perfect to bring your family too, right in the middle of town. In saying that though, they have an open air cinema there every Saturday night and during summer, an outdor pub every Friday. There are a few other parks around with more expansive playgrounds and BBQs, I just like that one though.

35 minutes ago, Rob Courtney said:

To be fair, it was maybe 7pm on a Sunday during the school year...but I agree with you, it's a big open space, perfect to bring your family too, right in the middle of town. In saying that though, they have an open air cinema there every Saturday night and during summer, an outdor pub every Friday. There are a few other parks around with more expansive playgrounds and BBQs, I just like that one though.

Absolutely and with no offence, it has that Chernobl appearance,

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Decided to end the weekend on a few lager pints after the keg of Tall Tale ( which was surprisingly better on the second night after starting Saturday with a FrankenBirra).

A couple of Bohos, A Tommy Boy, A Belgian Lager so far and I am pretty happy, Belgian was a little young but still, a Kwey Tow for dinner and these beers just lovely

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
22 hours ago, Captain 3 Droids said:

Piss head Sunday is on the go as usual (utube at good volume, good women in bath, take the opportunity).

Great stuff, finished a Thomas Cooper Celebration Ale, now  Coopers XPA. The BrewArt range of beers are just tops, if my liver were to pack in could I sue? 😄 @BrewArt Team

Consumed a few Belgian Strong (16 weeks) and Coopers XPA (8 weeks) while watching the Bombers implode down in Launceston Sunday afternoon. Both beers were outstanding and made our loss a little more bearable😥

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...