Piss Head Sunday

Captain 3 Droids

Well can have a bit of a mix today, American Ale &/or California Steam &/or Revolution Dark Lager however due to the weather conditions here today (overcast, windy, heavy rains ect) I’ll start with a Hazy IPA. Oh an age old stout for a night cap or should I say “evening cap” 😂

Ps @Dustin Frothmangot your taste buds back yet?

My piss head Sunday contribution, a “golden” ale from the Mr Beer range, not sure why it turned more amber in fermentation though lol.

25g of Eldorado in the boil

25g of eclipse in fermentation 

07E8975D-FAE8-45B6-8193-C93B5EC23E50.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, T D said:

My piss head Sunday contribution, a “golden” ale from the Mr Beer range, not sure why it turned more amber in fermentation though lol.

25g of Eldorado in the boil

25g of eclipse in fermentation 

07E8975D-FAE8-45B6-8193-C93B5EC23E50.jpeg

@T D that's a dam fine looking beer. In my favourite beer drinking glass as well.

8 minutes ago, Robert Pretty said:

@T D that's a dam fine looking beer. In my favourite beer drinking glass as well.

It’s a bloody ripper drop, adding the eclipse hops was a good experiment I think!

yeah I’m a huge fan of the spiegal glasses, they’re not cheap if you break them though…

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, T D said:

The coopers recipe calls to boil the malt extract and then steep with 25g of el dorado, probably don’t need to do it but I’m too scared to shy away from the recipes they provide 

https://www.diybeer.com/au/recipe/the-golden-one-pale.html

Interesting, I understand the steeping of hops but bringing the malt to a boil surprises me a bit. Having said that, follow the recipe.

Don’t get me wrong as recipes do alter however it’s funny the Mr Beer brewing instructions are as I would expect.

https://www.mrbeer.com/instructions

• Thanks 1

Due to circumstances out of my control I haven’t had a beer since Wednesday! 
Now besides the potential of my liver drying out, lips cracking and staying up late, the weight loss was bloody immeasurable.

So into a few today, starting with one of my top favourites, English Pub Draught, and watching darts. Life’s tough.image.thumb.jpg.c4a8de3ea93e3c4a54b0fa027163671e.jpg

Indulging in a few brews before getting up for work again. Having the Jolly Rogered by itself tonight, no lagers, nothing to spoil or impact on it's flavours. Well there is something to spoil it, Julia Morris is on TV trying to, or believing she is...funny...FMD.

Anyways, it's a nice beer with these hops in, should see if I can let a few get into that 4 month territory but next time I'd probably go the JP route and GAMS it to see how that works.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...