Kremlin Imperial Stout

Paul84

1 minute ago, Gillies Brewing said:

I had the dreg bottle with a movie last night just on 2 weeks, absolutely superb stuff already. Thinking I might try a full one in about a month. That boozy taste is definitely there, but it was still smooth, luscious and with huge amounts of chocolate and roasted aroma. Easily drank the big glass in too short an amount of time, even when trying to savour it. Next time I might pour multiple smaller glasses like a short black.

Had a bloody bastard of a time getting the cap off, so I reckon that should slow me down for drinking the next one.

Snapchat-436881248.thumb.jpg.2d18a7f5f0eaadd6ab838b4628e89e9b.jpg

Looks great, nice and rich

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Had one of these last night since I haven't brewed a 4 leaf and St Patrick's Day demanded a dark beer. Seemed a bit less carbonated, so I'm concerned the PET bottle might have had a wee leak, but all the others were rock hard so hopefully it's a one-off.

Nonetheless it was superb, and the risk of a 6-pack-in-a-glass on a work night paid off.

Snapchat-1741498911.thumb.jpg.739e3b3117178b4af31d7a0aa315338f.jpg

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Gillies Brewing said:

Had one of these last night since I haven't brewed a 4 leaf and St Patrick's Day demanded a dark beer. Seemed a bit less carbonated, so I'm concerned the PET bottle might have had a wee leak, but all the others were rock hard so hopefully it's a one-off.

Nonetheless it was superb, and the risk of a 6-pack-in-a-glass on a work night paid off.

Looks great!!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Gillies Brewing said:

Nothing wrong with that.

2 hours ago, Gillies Brewing said:

Six pack on a work night at 9.5%...been on that train before :)

• Haha 4

• 2 weeks later...
On 15/12/2019 at 4:36 PM, Paul84 said:

Bottled The Kremlin today . Wont be touching one of these for atleast 3 months . Got 13 bottles in . 5 original RIS , 4 with 20ml of Makers Mark in ( not my favourite Bourbon but the tasting notes I desired... and smells delicious already) and 4 with Amrut Fusion ( a peated indian whisky) ... so far Amrut is gonna be a very experimental lol , all I can smell is smoke in the bottle haha. I think the ones with additions I will likely leave until I am doing my tax next year lol 

20191215_155609.jpg

The Kremlin is an amazing beer.   Chocolatey goodness!!!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

23 hours ago, Benoz said:

I've been doing mine with peanut butter powder, aged for at least three months and it's amazing! The batch in the droid now has the addition of 500g of oats steeped in malt. I'm really looking forward to this one!

Man the oat addition will be amazing 😲

• 2 months later...