Could This Be The Longest Thread Ever?

Rob Courtney

On 11/02/2021 at 5:32 PM, Captain 3 Droids said:

Why would you even bother, 0.5% at $69.99 a slab or $4.49 a can!!!9268D9D9-D54A-44F7-A921-9671D1566CA7.thumb.png.6ac74242d298056272eea13f3e749156.png

It's pretty rich, Aldi in Victoria sells its knock offs of other beers and they are usually high 20s, early 30s a carton, which I think should be the price point of the Ultra low beers. Basically 70 bucks though, pretty steep price for 8 litres of Coca Cola

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 2

• 3 weeks later...

So, did the last BBQ before the end of summer thing tonight at the Railway lands and another family turned up to cook at the same time (which is cool, two BBQs) and both BBQs had not been cleaned but I am an old hand, paint scraper paper towels, BBQ cleaner, so I helped them out, sorted out their BBQ for them and got cooking.

So, without sounding like some hick, racist, they were from Thailand...and here I was cooking snags, steak and fried potatoes and they pull the trump card, green curry with Abolone. I mean, they brought a few more things to complement the BBQ, had a couple of gas cookers going but FMD, did it smell good. I felt like such a bogan with steaks and sausages when I saw one of the guys walk up with the seafood and I was thinking "eff me, that's friggin' Abalone" and then to smell the green curry paste ( and I hope it was home made cause that'd make it even better)...but I reckon I walked past their BBQ about 10 times taking deep breathes...and yes, I was trying to be obvious in case someone said "would you like a taste?"

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

A week off work anddddddd, I'm painting again because that must be what I love to do when I have time off. I should have read the directions on the can of paint before I started though (doing all the woodwork in the house with a high gloss enamel...given the house was built in 1905, there is quirky woodwork in the house...which I loved until I remembered it is fiddly to paint)

Anyways, was hoping to get a second coat done in the bedroom, bedroom being the hassle as it has a lot of furnitue, so it needs to be done in segements( move wardrobes over here, so I can do behind and near them, then put them back so I can move other furniture...dead set pain in the butt) and checked the paint, thought it was still tacky, thinking I could repaint in 2 ish hours but no, have to wait 16 hours.

I mean it looks good and it is what I thought it would be but just added a week onto the painting, might need a beer :) 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Captain 3 Droids said:

There is no “might”

never is...having a Birra but using the incredibly small James Boag glass ( think it is schooner size) but geez drinks very nicely out of the glass...and this is the dregs bottle, last one from the droid, nearly had to slap the back of the droid to get those last few drops out.

• 2 weeks later...

Am I becoming a beer snob?

We are up in Adelaide this weekend doing the visits of mate in hospital/ brother/mum/ sister in law dinners as well as shopping...and if everything works out, a sneaky brew at the G E but...

Looked through the apartment and what I was searching for was a decent beer glass...unsuccessful. Lucky I brought some stubbies with me.

Which brings up the, so I'm that guy, who brings his own beers everywhere now... 

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, Rob Courtney said:

Am I becoming a beer snob?

We are up in Adelaide this weekend doing the visits of mate in hospital/ brother/mum/ sister in law dinners as well as shopping...and if everything works out, a sneaky brew at the G E but...

Looked through the apartment and what I was searching for was a decent beer glass...unsuccessful. Lucky I brought some stubbies with me.

Which brings up the, so I'm that guy, who brings his own beers everywhere now... 

Rob uses old beer boxes to cart his bottled beer when out and about.

Ps nice tan and painted nails?

061C9719-9077-430F-84A7-0070811BFAFF.thumb.jpeg.2e2921bd5eaacd0be55e41751106afdb.jpeg

Edited by Captain 3 Droids
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Down at brewshop yesterday and he had 1, just 1 hop ball, which looked bigger than the ones you can get at kitchenware stores, so I picked it up ( it was only 7 bucks as well. Anyways, making a Czech lager and going with the old mix of German hops with it which is 50gms and I take the hop ball out and think "bloody heck, that looks large, should fit 40 gms in that".

50 grams in it and one side wasn't full, maybe 80%. I know he said he was ordering more of those, will have to hit him up again next Saturday, two of those will do fine.

@Dustin Frothman and @Captain 3 Droids you could get these from the Brewcraft store in Torrensville

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Rob Courtney said:

Down at brewshop yesterday and he had 1, just 1 hop ball, which looked bigger than the ones you can get at kitchenware stores, so I picked it up ( it was only 7 bucks as well. Anyways, making a Czech lager and going with the old mix of German hops with it which is 50gms and I take the hop ball out and think "bloody heck, that looks large, should fit 40 gms in that".

50 grams in it and one side wasn't full, maybe 80%. I know he said he was ordering more of those, will have to hit him up again next Saturday, two of those will do fine.

@Dustin Frothman and @Captain 3 Droids you could get these from the Brewcraft store in Torrensville

Thanks mate. Yea that’s where I usually go to pick up little bits and pieces for the kit.

I think the two I have could be what you are describing. I bought those up in Brisbane last year. The Brewmaster there said it was good for 40 grams. Don’t forget that the pellets swell up to fill it like a tennis ball.

7 hours ago, Dustin Frothman said:

Thanks mate. Yea that’s where I usually go to pick up little bits and pieces for the kit.

I think the two I have could be what you are describing. I bought those up in Brisbane last year. The Brewmaster there said it was good for 40 grams. Don’t forget that the pellets swell up to fill it like a tennis ball.

I'll cede to your sage advice, if anyone knows about things swelling in restrictive cages, it's be @Dustin Frothman

• Haha 2

On 17/05/2021 at 10:30 AM, Dustin Frothman said:

Took the ball out last night, hops were soaked through to the core, was in for three days, everything fine at 50gms

• Like 1

So, my orginisation went "hey, we care about your well being, do this survey and we will give you your well being score".

Now, I should have deciphered it as "I'm someone from HR who eats celery sticks and interrupts every conversation with did I mention that I'm vegan?"and I'd love you to do this survey I found in Vegan Teetotallers monthly".

For some reason I did it and it fat shamed me and it drunk shamed me, especially when I got my certificate

3f34bbcd3f75dbb2e3b3cd0fa2f3d6df85c0256e1cd52c2de83544524bcc5a9e (1).jpg

• Haha 2

56 minutes ago, Captain 3 Droids said:

Alcoholic = 6 standard drinks a week! Then I’m must be at alcohol comatose level😂

Don't worry, I'm ropeable, as soon as I'm finished with appointments tomorrow...its on with the HR department.

How dare they shame an Irishman for being Irish

• Haha 2

Well then, had my yearly blood tests come back and lo and behold not quite the fat alcoholic work singled me out as.

Must admit I was cringing when he said " and your liver...is working well" and I was expecting him to qualify the statement with " for an alcoholic with six weeks left to live due to Cirrhosis"  but all clear...may as well have a drink tonight to celebrate and with my Cholestorol back in the healthy range, skim milk can get the f@&k out of my fridge again.

Edited by Rob Courtney
  • Haha 2