Could This Be The Longest Thread Ever?

Rob Courtney

23 minutes ago, Rob Courtney said:

Well then, had my yearly blood tests come back and lo and behold not quite the fat alcoholic work singled me out as.

Must admit I was cringing when he said " and your liver...is working well" and I was expecting him to qualify the statement with " for an alcoholic with six weeks left to live due to Cirrhosis"  but all clear...may as well have a drink tonight to celebrate and with my Cholestorol back in the healthy range, skim milk can get the f@&k out of my fridge again.

I’ve always said “the pickling of the liver has benefits”. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Captain 3 Droids said:

I’ve always said “the pickling of the liver has benefits”. 

I'm a keen follower of every muscle needs exercise. I do brain games to keep my mind focussed, do some boxing to keep my upper body muscles active, ride a bike for my legs and drink beer to keep the liver and kidneys in tip top condition.

Of course, I use the same reasoning when talking to the wife... 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Rob Courtney said:

I'm a keen follower of every muscle needs exercise. I do brain games to keep my mind focussed, do some boxing to keep my upper body muscles active, ride a bike for my legs and drink beer to keep the liver and kidneys in tip top condition.

Of course, I use the same reasoning when talking to the wife... 

Funny, similar to you. I also do brain games to keep my mind focused, lift pint glasses to keep my upper body muscles active, frequent the toilet for my legs and of course drink beer to…………

After my Original Pilsner stuff up, I decided to muck around with the brews I was going to brew to see if I could move them around into somethings I wanted and not make another Pilsner with a different recipe to get back on track so with my original list I took one Birra out and was able to sneak in with a Bavarain/Bohemian and a Sesion Ale ( must have had some extra ingredients ordered because I know I'll stuff up somewhere along the line :) ) 

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Dustin Frothman said:

1D51C7AB-8DBD-42DE-8F65-A6B8BAA35A98.thumb.jpeg.90f13ea0efb69850f549d5557e0a26c8.jpeg
Finishing off the West Coast Pale tonight. It’s really doing it’s thing after 3 months secondary.

Will have to put this somewhere in my top something or other list.

That's the thing isn't it, probably easier to do a top 3 list than a top 10

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, Dustin Frothman said:

78FD3659-4DD4-4498-93E6-DBEC160DC610.thumb.jpeg.14ce90d1fb528c160680da8ef346356e.jpeg

Carlton taking the piss out of me tonight after their effort against North last week.

So I’m glad I have a stomach full of pizza and the Narci Citrus to accompany the ride.

Unlike the Sains and Blues to tease their supporters with thoughts of finals

Saints in particular have been very disappointing this year, they went all in after last year

8 minutes ago, Dustin Frothman said:

Poor Brett Ratten. Carlton legend.

From one basket case club to another.

Always thought he got a raw deal at Carlton, the board over rated their list something shocking. They had a good team but the board thought they had a great team but Ratten got the best out of them.

As for the Saints...too many players drink their own bathwater and their midfield doesn't chase. It doesn't get highlighted when Ryder is playing because he is such a good...and criminally underrated ruck and gives them first use but when they don't have him out there, they are junk

Edited by Rob Courtney
  • Like 1

So, this happened on my parents in laws farm on Thursday, so I said I'd help them today.

9-5, chainsaws, taractor forklifts, trailers of wood to be loaded, pallets of wood loaded.

My workmate locked at this pick and suggested we should chop the wood for firewood, I looked at her as dismissively as I could, they're farmers, what the hell did she think was going to happen to a gum tree that has been blown over?

Anyways, just had a Bohemian lager which has helped with the pain, some of the "thinly sliced" pieces of the trunk weighed about 100kgs which was a riot to be moved by a 50 year old and a 70 year old man. Times like this I wish my boy was 16 and not 6...

IMG_0669 (1).jpg

• Like 1