Could This Be The Longest Thread Ever?

Rob Courtney

• 3 weeks later...

Looking after my next door neighbours dog whilst he is away, really don't need no thanks for it, all I am doing is walking him 2-3 times a week and chucking him in the backyard with my dog.

As some thanks though, he had a mate drop around a carton of Hollandia beer. It is a bargain price point beer, sitting aroud that 37-40 buckeroos a carton. Geeez, beer companies ge away with some crap hey?

I have had worse, thought I'd have a taster to see where it is at and I reckon it is best placed thusly..." you come home from a stinking hot day, the airconditioner is broken, you can't be arsed getting into your car to get some better beers as you are broke...and you don't already have three months supply of Brewart beers.

Then you'd be thinking "well, at least I have some beer in the fridge" It lists its ingredients as "hop extract"...I think it is hallertau and a budget version of hallertau at that. Bit of a rough drop, hoping Liam isn't thinking of doing a brewprint of this :) 

Guess what I'm saying is, if you're at a party and someone says "would you like a Hollandia...Hollandia Premium no less"...be diplomatic

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Rob Courtney said:

Geeez, beer companies ge away with some crap hey?

I suggest you pour half a glass and top up with one of your nice brews. Beer blending does work. 
Or get pissed on your brew and then drink your Hollandia beer. It follows the well know pub band situation, absolute crap when you arrive, better than the Rollings Stones before you leave.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Captain 3 Droids said:

I suggest you pour half a glass and top up 24hrs one of your nice brews. Beer blending does work. 
Or get pissed on your brew and then drink your Hollandia beer. It follows the well know pub band situation, absolute crap when you arrive, better than the Rollings Stones before you leave.

Oh, it will be last beer of the night for most sessions it will get drunk eventually

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Captain 3 Droids said:

I suggest you pour half a glass and top up 24hrs one of your nice brews. Beer blending does work. 

Definately drink yours first and then uncle Dans swill.  

here’s a dilemma for ya’s

lots of head or none at all.  

trivia question:

which ones a GOAT and which ones a NarciCitrus?

extrapoints to those with < 2 droids 🤣

5444A6BB-D5C7-433F-8144-08607BA81919.jpeg

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, J P said:

Dusty that’s a 2 pint Penalty.  

Cap’n you get a 2 pint victory dance!!!

image.png.9c4cc08ee08a2027d13867a5346fc020.png

@J P are you saying the beer on the left is a Narci-Citrus?

If so, is that literally just out of the droid?

That's what my N-C looked like at kegging time but 23 days later, the N-C looks exactly like the beer on the right...

20211127_165756.jpg

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Wazza_wantsbeer said:

@J P are you saying the beer on the left is a Narci-Citrus?

If so, is that literally just out of the droid?

That's what my N-C looked like at kegging time but 23 days later, the N-C looks exactly like the beer on the right...

20211127_165756.jpg

That’s your Narci?

mine has double hops and instead of citra I used Zappa.   Why? Because I CAN 🤓

• Upvote 2

Starting to teach the daughter how to cook and asked her what she wanted to learn to cook...and surprisingly for a kid...she said Chicken Nuggets.

So, always one to do something to show the joy of cooking ( though the joy of eating, ts by product is infinitely better), we made probably the most boring food in the world, shallow fried in a pan. Gotta say though, pretty bloody good, first time I've had chicken nuggets in a long time, crispy panko crumb washed down with a Bohemian and a Czech Pilsner, good stuff. 

• Like 3

Want a laugh, the great Australia Post. Order 50g of hops from brew shop in WA, as at 8.57am yesterday they were at their Adelaide Airport facility, as at 10.16am tracking reports they are on their way to their Brisbane facility!, ( for those that don’t know, I’m in Adelaide).

Hope the hops were well packed? I’ve put in a complaint as to what’s going on, should seek the $12.20 postage back.👎

• Haha 2

31 minutes ago, Captain 3 Droids said:

Want a laugh, the great Australia Post. Order 50g of hops from brew shop in WA, as at 8.57am yesterday they were at their Adelaide Airport facility, as at 10.16am tracking reports they are on their way to their Brisbane facility!, ( for those that don’t know, I’m in Adelaide).

Hope the hops were well packed? I’ve put in a complaint as to what’s going on, should seek the $12.20 postage back.👎

Sounds typical. Ordered my Droid from Harvey Norman. Tracking says it went from there to Darwin holding that afternoon. Exactly 1 week later it flew to Brisbane, arrived on the GC the next day. Not too  bad, at least it didn't go to Radelaide.🤣

• Haha 1

Correction, not 50g but 500g of Idaho 7 hops. Anyway finally arrived, thanks to great vacuum sealing and packaging, I don’t have major concerns.
I appreciate the massive increase in postal deliveries, however employ more or charge a lot less due for the inefficient processing of your highly technical scanning abilities  and use some of your multi million + profits, back to your customers.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 06/12/2021 at 1:45 PM, Captain 3 Droids said:

I appreciate the massive increase in postal deliveries, however employ more or charge a lot less due for the inefficient processing of your highly technical scanning abilities  and use some of your multi million + profits, back to your customers.

Now now, that logical thinking will get you nowhere, they have only had 18 months to adapt to Covid

• Haha 1

Anyways, gosh this has been a good night drinking. Birra, Lawnmower followed by a couple of Aussie Lagers hooped by Saaz, Perle and Spalt and it has just been bang on.

Birra went well with the steaks tonight, not sure I could be a vegan...a well cooked steak ( and i don't mean well done) properly seasoned is a treat...and Mrs Cs bernaise sauce...tofu just does not compare

Edited by Rob Courtney
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1