Could This Be The Longest Thread Ever?

Rob Courtney

Wellll, good day, good day indeed at work, lots of public recognition and even though I'm not  drinking during the week for a little while whilst I get my bargearse back to respectful limits, I believe I should have a few tonight...and I will. Starting back to front in youngest to oldest, A Bohemian, A Tommy Boy and a Czech, with the Bohemian being 9 weeks.

Each one of them an absolute treat.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

The other day the good women said “do you love me or your beer more?” Well I thought ( note thought) well beer has been with me a bloody heck of a long time, it doesn’t complain, it doesn’t tell me to do things, it doesn’t take me to places I don’t enjoy, eg clothes shopping, it doesn’t interrupt tv or when I’m reading the paper, it doesn’t question things etc etc.
Of  course I obviously said “ you dear”

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

On 11/08/2021 at 8:09 PM, Rob Courtney said:

I have posted a review for an item I bought off Amazon, if....and I can only hope...if it gets printed, I will put it on here

It was posted :)

For a bathrobe ( yeah, I have gotten that old)

For years, I have walked around the house and front yard without a robe or anything else on, much to screams and turning of heads of neighbours but since I got this robe, people will converse with me in the front yard now without saying "damn it man, put some clothes on"

The robe is nice and warm, just want you want during winter but if I want to relive the old days,  it has a cord I can choose not to tie before I venture out into the yard. I give this product 5 stars

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Rob Courtney said:

Had my last covid shot on Thursday and boy, second time round is fun. Exhausted, every time you eat you want to spew after and the worst bit, couldn't taste my beer. Todays a bit better, still exhausted but can taste the beer, which is nice

That’s a bummer, we both had our second shot back on July 3. without issues. Persist with the beer is my medical opinion.

02F78A18-D486-43B4-806A-14D8507C78EC.jpeg

Edited by Captain 3 Droids
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Captain 3 Droids said:

That’s a bummer, we both had our second shot back on July 3. without issues. Persist with the beer is my medical opinion.

02F78A18-D486-43B4-806A-14D8507C78EC.jpeg

I mean it isn't the worst, just like a 3 or 4  day flu reaction to it. To be fair I still went out for lunch, ordered a cheeseburger and it was a double beef one...and the patties weren't thin. One pattie on the cheeseburger would have still been a thick burger but two made it a challenge, one I was willing to accept

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Rob Courtney said:

Had my last covid shot on Thursday and boy, second time round is fun. Exhausted, every time you eat you want to spew after and the worst bit, couldn't taste my beer. Todays a bit better, still exhausted but can taste the beer, which is nice

39705E94-AA0B-4C8F-8DFD-61C075A2D7B6.thumb.jpeg.85e7285b6bb61e9b60790724730552e0.jpeg

I was sick for a week each time following mine but all good eventually and back on the beers more importantly!

Cat is suitably unimpressed.

Edited by Dustin Frothman
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Dustin Frothman said:

She’s almost 16, doesn’t care much for those tricks anymore.

Yeah my dog (choc lab) is 14 his hobbies are pretty streamlined these days. Every now and then he makes a stupid call to go for a walk and he gets to the end of the street and looks at you like " whose stupid idea was it to go for a walk, don't you know how old I am?"

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Off the kegs and into the bottles agan with a fair stash of bottles. I think bottles are the way to go for me as I get to have four or five different types of beer in  night. Having the kegs, I'm kinda stuck on the one flavour all weekend, which is OK but some variety makes for enjoyable drinking.

• Upvote 2

On 27/08/2021 at 10:56 PM, Rob Courtney said:

Off the kegs and into the bottles agan with a fair stash of bottles. I think bottles are the way to go for me as I get to have four or five different types of beer in  night. Having the kegs, I'm kinda stuck on the one flavour all weekend, which is OK but some variety makes for enjoyable drinking.

You've described just perfectly why I now "need" a 3 tap kegerator.

• Upvote 1